Synology DS211j - Apple Lossless

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
dd

Hi all, Does anyone know if the Synology DS211j NAS supports Apple Lossless? If so, can you stream the audio files directly from the NAS to an Apple TV2? Thanks, Nick

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes you can but only if you jail break your Atv2, your options are to leave your computer switched on even though your iTunes library is stored on your NAS and select my computer in the Atv2 menu or as I do, download the free DS Audio app onto your iPod Touch or iPhone and stream from your NAS via your iDevice to the Atv2 from anywhere in the world (so long as they have WiFi) the bonus hear is that you are not limited to the music stored on your device and can buy a cheaper one with a smaller memory :)

A

Anonymous

"Motley" & "Gowiththeflow" - many thanks for responses. they are a big help. I did check out the product spec, but in my naivity, was expecting the see the ALAC file supported :doh: . Anyway, thanks for education on.mp4a files.

Much appreciated.

Nick

Chisy1

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Ever so slightly hijacking the forum, but it seems like the OP's question has been answered. Can I ask what harddrives owners of the DS211j are using? I've did have the Seagate Barracuda Green in my "save for later" basket while I save up but that seems to have been "discontinued" by Amazon because a purchaser has said they were not as described, which has generally put me off them.

I had thought about the Samsung EcoGreen F4 but something about the firmware has put me off that one.

I'm after x2 2TB. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Chisy,

I went for the Seagates you mentioned after quite a bit of research, but from another supplier. Just make sure you check that they are compatible here .

Happy hunting,

Nick

TRENDING THREADS