Synergistic Research Quantum Fuses

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
At £40 each, a sure fire addition to any system? ;)

How do these work? :?

images

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
There isn't any useful infomation on their website to explain how they work.

My guess is that the word 'quantum' is just a fancy sounding name for their fuses. There's probably just a thin piece of wire inside there like other fuses have.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi crossie,i was waiting to see if anybody would bring this up,you do find people on this forum will pan something before trying it ,i ,dont know how they work but i found that they do work,some years back i tryed the furtec fues i think that was £64 pounds when i bought them,i beleive that the wire inside was pure silver ,which is a better condutor for electricty.the first one i replaced was the fues in mycd/dvd player ,i must say i was surprised at the diffrence,i know people will say what a load of rubbish but if you get a chance to demo,give a go you might be surprised.let us know if you give a go,and let know what you think.cheers david

If the plugs are not new, it is worth taking out the fuse, cleaning it, and putting it back before buying new fuses. Sometimes just taking the plug from the socket (if it has been there ages) will clean the contacts.

In any case, the expectation bias for an improvement will ensure it sounds better, even if simply because you cleaned all that dust off the back of your kit while you were down there!

PS. Have never tried hifi fuses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts