Symmetrical vs Assymetrical Interconnects

specialagent

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone out there explain (in simple terms) the difference, if any, between symmetrical and assymetrical cables? I currently use Atlas Hyper symmetrical interconnects between my amp and cd player. Thanks.

abacus

A good quality cable (Like they use in professional studios) can be picked up (From a professional music store or online shop) for between £10 – £20 and will give a performance identical to a Hi-Fi cable manufactures cable costing £1000 or more, so forget about the technical stuff that Hi-Fi cable manufactures come out with (It’s only relevant to engineers) and just enjoy the music.

Hope this helps

Bill

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
specialagent said:
Can anyone out there explain (in simple terms) the difference, if any, between symmetrical and assymetrical cables? I currently use Atlas Hyper symmetrical interconnects between my amp and cd player. Thanks.

My guess is - one is a coaxial design like whats used on sky and virgin - central core Positive outer screen return.

The other is 2 or more wires twisted or whatever to make the 2 terminations you need

OR

what might make more sense - symmetrical is the same number of conductors for positive and return arranged in whatever fashion

Assymetrical could be say 5 runs for positive 1 for negative.

Just a guess

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts