SWAPPING MY DENON 3910 DVD FOR A BLU RAY

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need to keep boxes to a minimum how much would i need to spend on a new blu ray player for the picture when playing standard dvds upscaled to be as good as my current Denon 3910 which was quite expensive at the time ive looked in the local shops but all the set ups are terrible picture burning my eyes they are so bright! So would appreciate some help. I compared my ps3 and to me there was no comparison. Thanks

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Think I'm right in saying the panasonic BD35, BD55 and Sony 350, and 550 are the only blu ray players that show promise when upscaling DVD's.

Not sure if any are better than your denon though? If any, it would be the Panasonic BD55 (£400), as an educated guess.......or one of the more expensive blu ray players from pioneer

Hope that helps.............

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a Denon 3930 and when I compare DVD on the Denon and my PS3 the Denon is miles ahead on both picture and sound, even more so if like me you also use your Denon for CD playback.

I am yet to see a BD player that I would happily ditch my 3930 for but the new Denon BD players do look promising but as of yet no news as to if they will be Multi-region for DVD which is esentual for me.

I have seen both Panasonic BD players and IMHO neither came near my Denon for DVD and only the BD55 was better at B playback over my PS3 but not by a margin large enough to make me consider buying one.

A

Anonymous

You could wait and see what Oppo's upcoming BR player is like. Their upscaling DVD players are absolutely fantastic so hopefully they'd put that in their BR player.

A

Anonymous

Luckily Denon have released their own new BD transport, the Denon DVD-2500BTÿhttp://whathifi.com/Review/Denon-DVD-2500BT/ which not only has the best Blu-ray images yet, it also offers better DVD upscaling than a £600 Marantz. It's only a transport though, so you need a receiver with HDMI inputs.

Hope that helps.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Don`t forget its not only about the picture. At the moment there is not one DVD player that can output all the new codecs, i.e. DTS HD,

DTS HD MA.

Your Denon is good for what it was made for....DVD with a DTS soundtrack. Blu Ray goes just that little bit better, for SOUND then.

greetz Stevefilmfreak

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts