SVS PC12-NSD

ntune

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have experience with SVS cylinder subwoofer? How does it perform in music, compared to SVS SB1000? The main difference between the two is frequency response (18-130Hz ± 3dB vs 24-260Hz ± 3dB), box size/design (ported vs closed) and amplifier (300W vs 400W). I have heard that closed box fits better for music, however, ported cylinder subwoofer have said to reproduce bass ultimately precisely and with very good punch. When I'm listening rock music, I want feel that drummer and bass player are in my room.

My current speakers are PreSonus Eris E8 -monitors, which produces bass precisely, but without any authority/presence. Just a flat tone without gut-shaking feeling. So, I decided to choose a sub between former mentioned models. However, my room is only 12 square meter apartment room, so I guess that PC12-NSD would be a little overkill. But the thing is, that I could get used PC12 cheaper than new SB1000, so I guess it doesn't hurt to buy capable subwoofer considering the future, as I believe that integrating it into my current setup is just a matter of adjustment. Maybe later, I will move to a bigger room and attach the sub to my 12" cerwin-vegas
smiley-laughing.gif
So, which sub would you recommend me to get? Oh, and the floor space or the look doesn't matter.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ntune said:
Does anybody have experience with SVS cylinder subwoofer? How does it perform in music, compared to SVS SB1000? The main difference between the two is frequency response (18-130Hz ± 3dB vs 24-260Hz ± 3dB), box size/design (ported vs closed) and amplifier (300W vs 400W). I have heard that closed box fits better for music, however, ported cylinder subwoofer have said to reproduce bass ultimately precisely and with very good punch.
I'd look more to the SB2000, which uses a 500w amplifier. Sealed subs generally sound more accurate than ported ones, and don't suffer from port issues (noise and phase issues).

When I'm listening rock music, I want feel that drummer and bass player are in my room.
This is something that is open to interpretation. Ask people to name a track where they feel the drums sound realistic, and you'll get a whole load of different responses. Besides which, even if the full dynamic capabilities of a set of drums are captured, they very rarely, if ever, make their way to a CD intact. Think of it this way - if your system could replicate drums totally accurately, you'd have to use ear plugs - drummers do. All you can do is choose a system that you think can replicate drums and bass guitar well enough for your own enjoyment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts