Suspended hi-fi rack

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Dear all,

I plan to get married within the next 2 years, where inevitably there will be a change in my room furniture arrangement. I don't think Mrs. Esk would like my wide hi-fi rack, it wastes too much space, besides I need to make room for her wardrobe too! So I'm looking for a very very nice suspended hi-fi rack....you know the kind which have acrylic/glass shelves and are suspended via some springs or strings? Hoping for some help here. I saw some at Ferguson Hill few months ago, I forgot to ask him what they were.

Cheers,

Shafin

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
shafesk said:
you know the kind which have acrylic/glass shelves and are suspended via some springs or strings?

I'd stay well clear from acrylic/ glass racks. I'd choose solid wood for its dampening properties which acrylic/ glass don't have.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
The Cayin is a mighty 20 kilos. I need something which can take a bit of weight, the shelves are nice but don't hold 20 kgs. I would go for wood but theres so much of it in my room its starting to look like a forest.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
shafesk said:
The Cayin is a mighty 20 kilos. I need something which can take a bit of weight, the shelves are nice but don't hold 20 kgs. I would go for wood but theres so much of it in my room its starting to look like a forest.

The more the better! :rofl:

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I used to have a Henley Designs WR5 many moons ago, it was a nice wooden frame, glass shelf rack with cable tidy running down the spine.. it used to house the 19kg Chord no problem. Unfortunately now they are discontinued but come up now and then second hand.

scene

:)
shafesk said:

I like forests :)

With 20kg to support, you might well need to consider a metal frame supporting the acrylic or glass, there is a make who does this, but I can't recall just now the name.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
shafesk said:
Dear all,

I plan to get married within the next 2 years, where inevitably there will be a change in my room furniture arrangement. I don't think Mrs. Esk would like my wide hi-fi rack, it wastes too much space, besides I need to make room for her wardrobe too! So I'm looking for a very very nice suspended hi-fi rack....you know the kind which have acrylic/glass shelves and are suspended via some springs or strings? Hoping for some help here. I saw some at Ferguson Hill few months ago, I forgot to ask him what they were.

Cheers,

Shafin

Till now HiFi racks top my list and the second is the Spider rack

http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/spider_e.html

But all of them are floorstanding and not wallmounted. Possibly you have easier and economical access to handyman, in which case, looking at the AVS forum or other forums is also a good option, where people have made their HiFi racks built-into rather than buy off the market.

In my possible future setup, I am very keen to float everything away from floor and mount on the wall except the speakers.

scene

floyd droid said:
scene said:
With 20kg to support, you might well need to consider a metal frame supporting the acrylic or glass, there is a make who does this, but I can't recall just now the name.

Mana ring any bells Mr scene ;)

Thanks, could visualise them, couldn't remember the name :)

But they're gone now, go hum. Turn upon eBay though I bet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts