Surround to soundbar

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon Gents,

I hope all the ol' timers are staying safe.

After 13 years of my Onkyo 606 and Kef eggs I am ready to change to a soundbar. Currently we are just using three KEF eggs with the onkyo for the Tv sound with no sub due to space restrictions
and I really need to rejig. Having read the reviews for the Beam I thought all was good to go until I was chatting with an " advisor" who said I would be disapponted in the drop in quality and power and pushed the Dali Katch one which to me is too big.

Is the Beam really not capable of improving on three Kef eggs all relatively close to each other.Obviously I cannot demo for some time and am prepared to take the chance but if anyone who has heard them both can say if it is the equal of or better than the Kefs for this type of use I would love to know. Room size is 6 x 4m and seating is 3.5m from the speakers/TV. TV is Samsung UE40JU6400KXXU and has Arc hdmi.

Good to hear from you RGD! Have you got a Sonos system? If yes, then the Arc will form part of the multiroom setup which you may prefer. I haven't heard the Dali but the Sonos has superior specs on paper including Atmos support. Stereo separation will usually be better with a 3.1 system but soundbar quality is surprisingly good. Buy the soundbar from a place which accepts returns if you're not happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts