Surround Sound speaker cable help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

we have just invested in a new blu ray player with surround sound (5.1) but the cable connecting the left front and left rear are not long enough (due to the fact that we have it running around the edge of the room to hide the wire).

so first off does anyone know of a site that will let you buy longer cable or extension?

and secondly my dad came home today with some door bell wire and said that he will just cut the current wire and solder this in to make it longer............im no so sure that this is a good idea so i have hidden the soldering iron until i hear something from someone that knows what they are talking about as to me this doesnt seem like the best plan in the world.

A

Anonymous

I'm by no means an expert but I feel qualified enough to tell you that soldering door bell wire to your speaker cable is not a good idea!
emotion-7.gif

I had to buy huge lengths of cabling for my rear surrounds and found that QED micro cable is a good budget cable (for the rears at least) A bit of googling will find it around £1.30 per metre or you will find it even cheaper on that well known auction site
emotion-5.gif

Messiah

What 5.1 system is it??

QED Micro cable is a good idea but if you were to go down that route then I would be inclined to change all the speaker cable over to this.

(It will probably be best determined once we know what 5.1 system it is.)

Messiah

Maybe worth contacting Samsung direct to see of they can supply longer lengths.

Otherwise for that system I personally would go for the solder route and tape it over once done. (I have done this many times before with no issues to date but it is up to you).

A

Anonymous

B&Q do half decent budget speaker wire in very long lengths.

And you can pick up a soldering iron, etc. while you're there
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts