Surround sound query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive currently got a JVC 5.1 surround sound with a DVD player as the console. I want to upgrade the DVD player to a Sony BDP-S550. Will this still be compatable with my surround sound?

The only way that the surround sound is connected to the DVD player is by a S-video connector. As long as I connect the blu-ray player the same way then would it still work?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
There must be some other connection between the player and the surround system - otherwise you'd have no sound.

If the surround system - do you have a model number? - has a digital audio input, then yes you could use that to connect sound from the Blu-ray player to it, even though you'll only get the basic Dolby Digital/DTS sound, and not the enhanced HD versions.

Video from the player can be connected straight to your TV, using an HDMI cable.

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Out of the back of the DVD player I have the power cable, scart connector that goes to the back of the TV, an optical cable that goes to my xbox 360 (non HDMI connector for enhanced quality) and what looks like an S video connector that goes to the subwoofer. The surround sound is a JVC TH-S66, I don't know if you've heard of this model because I was living in Germany when I bought it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts