Surround package for 5 grand. Any suggestions?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Cheers, buddy. I've nothing against used kit (all of my hifi set up is) . Believe me, if some meridian stuff came up, second hand at the right price, I'd be all over it!

But, for new stuff, I've been doing a lot of reading on the Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 pre and MX-A5000 power and it has piqued my interest. Seems like a hell of a lot of kit for the money. The new marantz pre and power that's coming out early next year look interesting, too.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I tend to go for the thought process that less is more when it comes to hifi / home cinema tech, but thats just me

You can get used Meridian kit at very good prices - but its not straight forward, you need to know what your buying - especially with the 861 as its card based and you need the right cards, also there are different models - updates over the yearrs. You could just about get a full used M setup with your budget, but you need to hear it first and demoing is not easy unless you want to come hear my system.

I am more than happy to do this for you but cannot for a while as my room is being completely redone up and currently I am only at the decorating stage. Good few weeks away from being able to show the system off.

With pre and power you have the extra cables to consider as well - I needed lots more analogue and digital cables but again I think money well spent despite the spaghetti junction you have to wire up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts