Surely This Is Not Right

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
sound10 said:
Hi, I'm trying to post about a review on another site that I happened to stumble across which is not very nice. I came across it as I was looking for info on matching floorstanders for the Marantz PM6004. Please could whathifi look into this and take appropriate action.

Here is the post in question :-

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/24183-whathifi-screw-up.html

Looks like someone on the Internet had an opinion. It happens more often than you might think.

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The reason for this post was so that the whathifi team can have a read and if necessary take appropriate action. Appropriate action could mean perhaps posting a response on that site from the whathifi team. I am a regular whathifi reader and I don't like to see the site criticised.

I also don't appreciate pointless and slightly childish replies by forum members, especially the last one. Thanks :)

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The reason for this post was so that the whathifi team can have a read and if necessary take appropriate action. Appropriate action could mean perhaps posting a response on that site from the whathifi team. I am a regular whathifi reader and I don't like to see the site criticised.

I also don't appreciate pointless and slightly childish replies by forum members, especially the last one. Thanks :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Some of the replies are right in one respect: don't go spending ££££ on HiFi based on someone else's recommendation, use your own ears. I find it utterly bizzare that people will spend serious amounts of money on HiFi kit based purely on someone else's review/opinion. By all means use reviews and recommendations as a guide, but surely it's got to be down to your own ears?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Bodfish said:
sound10 said:
Agreed, but rather than putting negative comments on another site, why not post on here and get an explanation ?

Tis the way of the Troll my son. I can see you have much to learn.

And you're going to get plenty of opportunities for education, they seem to be flocking here at the moment.

Do trolls flock? I thought that was birds and sheep. What is the collective noun for trolls? I can think of a few but none that would get through the swear filter.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
sound10 said:

Hmm, I'm guessing they don't care.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the OP on the other forum should have demo'd a working sample! Perhaps Sound10 could have entered "Marantz PM6004 reviews" into google & seen that several other reviewers gave it between 4 & 5 stars. Perhaps Sound10, you should contact those sites & complain to them as well even if the original post only linked to the WHF review. Perhaps Sound10, you should have realised it was a load of twoddle you have quoted. If it drove RS8s "not very well", instead of "not at all", some credence could be given. WHF have got things wrong but not here!

I took part in a very frank discussion with some of WHF's staff along with other forum members recently where reviews from anywhere were considered to be for the purposes of gaining a shortlist ONLY - neither reader nor writer thought otherwise!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts