Support for Center speaker Required HelpPlease

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi All Ive just got a new center speaker and it sits on top of my equipment rack I need some kind of support so the tweeter isn't firing sound ar my knees I have seen some posted on hear that are wedge shaped but after searching I have almost lost the will to live so if you could help I would be very gratefull :)

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You could just cut or get someone to cut and give a nice finish to a piece of wedge shaped wood.

Is your screen on a stand or wall mounted? If it's wall mounted can you not put a shelf under you screen to make it a little higher and then you could incorperate a wedge shape to point it upwards towards you ears.

Mine is on my AV rack and kind of fires at my chest but I'm happy with how it sounds at the mo.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I use Auralex Mopads for my centre speaker. They come in a pack of medium density foam wedges that you can stack to vary the angle. They isolate the speaker from my MDF rack pretty well and point the tweeters up so they're facing ear level at the seated position. They're designed chiefly as stands for studio monitors but do the job nicely for my centre speaker.

£35 pretty well spent, although you're welcome to try the less expensive Blue Peter suggestions above first.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have some clear ones that you would hardly notice. I don't use them for this purpose now (I had them on top of my bass traps angling my height speakers downwards). Depends how much money you want to spend I suppose.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi voodooDoctor thts a good idea even if its to get the angle required before getting some thing a bit more upmarket thanks for the suggestion :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts