Suitable headphone amp and headphones for Nait 5I

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guys looking for a little advice based on the experience out there. Currently have a Naim cd5i and a 5i amp playing through EB2'S.Am looking to add a headphone amp, which I understand can be connected to the tape out RCA on the back of the amp? The Graham Slee Nova or Solo seem to get great reports, and are often seen bundled with either Grado 325i or Seinhesser 650s in that order. Is that a price thing or product compatability?

The main types of music I listen to are Blues, folk, female vocalist, mainstream jazz, little hard rock or classical. Budget approx £500-£600.

I know I should listen but getting to a good retailer is not always easy.

Appreciate any comments or ideas you may have,

Regards Neil.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Neil, the Senns and Graham Slee combo/bundle is very well matched sonically - Sennheiser even used the Graham Slee Solo SRG II to demonstrate their HD650 headphones at some trade/hi-fi shows which obviously goes a long way in recommendation.

The Novo and Graham Slee SR325is is also a stunning combo - not quite as revealing or as detailed as the Solo/HD650 package but still class leading nevertheless (the Novo and SR325is did win WHF product of the year awards after all).

If you are able to stretch slightly further, Grado's RS2i with Solo is quite an impressive combination as well, going sonically deeper with a richer sound than the Solo/HD650 combo.

Best advice though would be to have a listen to some of these combos and hear what you think for yourself
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS