Suggestions please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:A Cobra 2. And yes, if I was going to buy an IC it would be something major, since a 50 quid one will be neither here nor there.

I'm in a DAC or headphones or MC cartridge frame of mind though.

The beresford would be a simple upgrade if we're talking streamed music.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Seriously, you will be shocked at the difference the Anthem makes.

I'd be so shocked I'd see the Virgin Mary in my toast, and believe it to be a sign of the end of the universe.

John Duncan

fr0g:JohnDuncan:A Cobra 2. And yes, if I was going to buy an IC it would be something major, since a 50 quid one will be neither here nor there.

We are. Though if I can find a moodlab dice, I may get one of those instead (prettier).

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:No.......

Then I would strongly suggest you try/get some. I have the SR60 and it's the best single hifi purchase I've made.

What about some SR325i (superfi have them for 280 quid).

I word of warning tho, they might sound so good you won't want to listen through speakers....

jules.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:fr0g:JohnDuncan:A Cobra 2. And yes, if I was going to buy an IC it would be something major, since a 50 quid one will be neither here nor there.

We are. Though if I can find a moodlab dice, I may get one of those instead (prettier).

I dont think its a case of 'finding' - just order one from the website...269 euros.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
fr0g:Gerrardasnails:Seriously, you will be shocked at the difference the Anthem makes.

I'd be so shocked I'd see the Virgin Mary in my toast, and believe it to be a sign of the end of the universe.

I won't ask if you have tested a very good interconnect. I would be so shocked at your answer.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Now, now, let's not turn this into a cable thread - let's keep it as a "what expensive toys can I hide from my wife" thread please.

Indeed - get yersen some grados!

jules.

A

Anonymous

john, i will second the SR325i's!
this week, for a similar outlay (275 quid), i have managed to snatch both a s/h Graham Slee Solo and a pair of Grado SR325i's!!!
havent got my grubby hands on them yet but when i do...

A

Anonymous

THIS:http://www.devilsound.com/DAC/

A Dac disguised as a cable. Plug it in your imac, connect to stereo.

A

Anonymous

fr0g:Personally I'd go for the Sennheiser HD650s. Far more comfy, and dont look like a 1950s music hall prop.

ive been using grado's for years now and comfort is a non-issue for me. looks? well i cant see them when i use them and ive used them on the train and walking through town many a time and never received and strange looks...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Solomon1:THIS:http://www.devilsound.com/DAC/

A Dac disguised as a cable. Plug it in your imac, connect to stereo.

Fantastic idea if the quality is there. It has an added benefit, of not being able to faffed around with in the cable dept ;)

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
What about this?
Hold on, hold on!

This is all about preparation for that next significant purchase.

"After all darling, it's about time I treated myself, isn't it?".

Take it from me. It'll be money well spent.

T

the record spot

Get a bunch of LPs, or CDs....just get out there and pick. Haven't read all the thread or posts, but assume this might not be limited to hardware?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
emotion-55.gif
A tennis racquet. Wimbledon is here so it would be a natural time to buy one. It would also double up as a pretend guitar that you could practice your Neal Schon solos on!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
What about an electric fence to stop the kids touching the hifi. Think I'm going to need one of those soon as my 2nd son has turned into an octopus recently (little ******. In the nicest sense of course)

A

Anonymous

What about selling some of those rackets and buying a better DAC...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts