Suggestions on pairing Adam A7x with Cyrus 8 vs2

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Why are you thinking of mixing a decent integrated amp with decent active speakers?

i think it's a waste of a good amp to just use the pre outs!

get yourself a decent DAC to go between your music source and feed the Adams that way and you'd have a cracking system!

Sundeep V Menon

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Craig, Dan,

Thanks for your immediate reply. I plan to buy the M1 DAC as the inbetweeen. What do you guys think?

Also Dan would you elaborate why you think that the it cant be driven directly?

Thanks,

S

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I think what Dan is getting at is it would be a waste of the power amp section of your integrated, because you won't be using it. It might make more sense to sell your amp and buy something like the Dacmagic Plus, which includes a pre-amp and could be connected directly to the Adams. That is basically how my set-up works, a dac/pre direct into active speakers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The Adams have their own volume control so the likes of an MF M1DAC would be more than sufficient (its a very good DAC indeed)

The Firestone Audio Spitfire MkII DAC & Emotiva XDA1 DACs would also be worth considering IMO

Sundeep V Menon

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Craig, Dan,

Sorry was away. I have an LP player, CD player apart from the ipod and FLACs on my desktop. The ipod and FLACs I route through the DAC. The rest through the amp. That is the reason for buying the Cyrus.

What say?

Thanks a bunch.

S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts