Sugden masterclass IA4 integrated

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone heard this amp?

I do own the Sugden A21a series one amp which is very good and was wondering what the difference is sonically.

How about the soundstage?

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot mate!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I have one and it is very good indeed. I think the main advance over the lesser models is the ability to drive more difficult speakers.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The Masterclass sound a lot better than the 21. The masterclass have more texture and superb bass control which the lesser model is found wanting in the latter deparment.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:The Masterclass sound a lot better than the 21. The masterclass have more texture and superb bass control which the lesser model is found wanting in the latter deparment.

hello!

could you compare the sugden IA4 to the Mastersound Evo 845?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The IA4 is definitely worth a listen - beautifully warm, smooth class A sound. At this level, you could also consider the Chord Electronics CPM 2650 which is a brighter sounding but equally impressive amp in other ways. The GamuT Si100 is also worth considering and almost offers the best of both amps - a warm sound with the speed and attack of a class AB design.

frogfish

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have one on home trial at the moment; compared to my current a21 Series 2, I would say that the main differences from my initial listening are: 1) much broader soundstage 2) significant improvement in the bass which is light with the a21

A

Anonymous

Yea, i,ve heard it. If i wanted an integrated at the price this would be it. Forget about masses of volume to let you feel as if you are at the recording studio, this amp lets you be there without going really loud. Granted it was part of a complete system costing about £30,000 with cables and interconnects adding another £7,000 but it blew me away. If you are serious then i would make sure your cables and power supply are top notch, as for your source well rubbish in etc. Oh and by the way, i think it is only 30 watts or so but it is better to have 30 watts of fantastic information than 250 watts of pathetic distortion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts