Sugden A21A on Ebay

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I saw a sugden amp on ebay a A21A can any one please tell me more about these.

The time has come for me to upgrade from my Cymbal amp..............

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Lovely Class A amp......what speakers do you have?

EDIT. The A21A may be a phono amp.....though having looked on ebay it does appear to be an integrated (normally the integrated is 21al or 21SE)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for your reply, i have a pair of Ruark Paladin speakers which sound very nice.

Im sure the Sugden would sound great with them.....................................i think its time to raid my bank !!!

Thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
X300 said:
....i have a pair of Ruark Paladin speakers which sound very nice.

Im sure the Sugden would sound great with them...

Quite possibly. The Paladins are supposed to be an easy load at 8 ohms (only dipping to 6 ohms) and 90db efficiency.

The Sugden will get hot (especially when switched on but with no music playing) so no stacking components and leave plenty of room around it for ventilation (top and sides).

If it doesn't work out, you will get a good price when re-selling on ebay.

[The BIN price on ebay is pretty good. Jump on it now before someone bids above the reserve price and you get stuck for 9 days bidding with the risk of it going higher.]

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help..............

You guys really know your stuff !!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I don't 'know my stuff' except that I know Ruark were a very respected manufacturer. (And still are in their current 'incarnation' as Vita Audio.)

The rest was garnered from a 1995 Gramophone review of the Ruark Paladins. (I wanted to check they would be an easy and 'efficient' load for the Sugden A21a.)

That A21a is even beginning to tempt me (even though it is completely incompatible with my current hifi needs). If you are not quick I may just buy it in a 'mad moment' and plonk an AirPort Express and my old Beresford DAC on it :)

(Ok, not actually on it. The Beresford would melt.)

The last time I heard an old A21 (with some Mordaunt Short Pageant 2s and my old Walker CJ55/RB300 turntable) it was amazing but I couldn't afford it then. They have always been quite expensive new.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for all your help and taking the time to talk to me, most men i meet look at me gone out when i say i enjoy serious hi/fi..........................so glad i came here

Lisa

I am really serious to snap the ebay sugden up...........but that £400 Burberry bag also looked good ha ha

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for all your help and taking the time to talk to me, most men i meet look at me gone out when i say i enjoy serious hi/fi..........................so glad i came here

Lisa

I am really serious to snap the ebay sugden up...........but that £400 Burberry bag also looked good ha ha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts