Sufficient amp and DAC for LS50?

Ygate

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I ordered the LS50 online after my friend recommended it for me and now I want to buy an amp for it, I am willing to spend no more than a thousand on it but the problem is that I can't audition it nor return.

So far the cyrus 6a and marantz pearl are the two I am looking at. I heard that the cyrus is too low powered so I am not sure if I should get the 8a or if there is something better to consider

I am looking to connect it to a DAC which I will buy later to connect to my PC but for now I will use an Audinst mx1 as a DAC

My room is about 6x5 meters, I listen to most types of music and like a punchy bass if possible

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rega brio r and M1 Dac sounds pretty sweet with my LS50s. Would hit your 1k budget perfectly too...

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I have heard them with the pearl lite and they sounded great. I also heard them with roksan kandy k2 - also good

but my preference was with the pearl lite

tonky

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure you could get a second hand 8xpd for £1000. If you aren't going to be able to return it anyway, you might as well minimise any loss if it really isn't what you want (and therefore end up selling it)

the 8xpd is also a great amp for second hand money IMO :)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to hear them with the Audiolab 8200 cd/amp and Musical Fifelity M3 cd/amp combinations and also try the PMC DB1 Gold speakers. MArantz Pearl Lite KI would be worth hearing if you can, my dealers don't have it in stock anymore.

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I know at £1299 it's slightly over budget but the M1 SDAC and the M1 PWR from Musical Fidelity work excellently with the LS50 and you won't need to worry about returning it as you will love it. :)

Regards

TRENDING THREADS