A

Anonymous

It can be placed anywhere you want it to be, in 'full view' or 'out of view'.

A

Anonymous

Cheers...the reason I asked is because someone told me you shouldn't place it to close to where you would be sitting. Am still trying to find the sweet spot in my front room, but I notice the bass is a lot stronger in the opposite corner to where the sub sits which is about 3m away from the listening position.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If you site it in a corner you will get maximum effect from the sub, although sometimes, depending on the sub and accoustics of the room it may be a a little too much. Experiment until you find the site that pleases you most.

A

Anonymous

You will see from my pictures that I have both my subs next to the AV rack - to me they sound best this way.

I have tried placing them in the corners - they did not sound quite as good as they do now.
So, it really is up to you. Experiment and decide what suits you best.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Valian but how do i view your pictures. (new to this)

A

Anonymous

Go to the 'Your System' section of the forum - it's there.
GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

try placing sub where you will sit and then walking round the edge of the room listening for best sound. Then place your sub there. Sometimes corner is best but not always

A

Anonymous

I'll try it and see how it sounds. One thing, on the back of my sub there is a little switch (24db/12db). which one should I select.

A

Anonymous

I tried mine everywere, even bought a 10m cord.

I have an L shape sofa and have stuck it in the corner behind the sofa, and find that the best for my ears.

Dont listen to people that say it should be beside the TV as I found that not that great compaired to what I have now.

Its you that are listning to it.

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Dont listen to people that say it should be beside the TV as I found that not that great compaired to what I have now.

You might like your sub behind your sofa, others might not. Similarly, others might like their sub by their TV while you may not. It is an individual preference and precisely what was recommended for the OP to determine for himself.

It is therefore wrong for you to make such a 'loose' statement abhoring anyone that does not do what you do.

A

Anonymous

canada16:

I tried mine everywere, even bought a 10m cord.

I have an L shape sofa and have stuck it in the corner behind the sofa, and find that the best for my ears.

Its you that are listning to it.

I have my twin B&W ASW10's by the sides of my TV rack as well - sheer explosive power that integrates so beautifully with the rest of my system.

Never, in a million years, would I put them behind my sofa (for various reasons). So, you see, as ValianTX pointed out, it is an individual preference.

A

Anonymous

Your setup looks good. I'll move my sub around again and see where it sounds best. On the back of my sub there is a little switch called slope with 24db/12db. which one should I select.

A

Anonymous

ValianTX:canada16:

You might like your sub behind your sofa, others might not. Similarly, others might like their sub by their TV while you may not. It is an individual preference and precisely what was recommended for the OP to determine for himself.

It is therefore wrong for you to make such a 'loose' statement abhoring anyone that does not do what you do.

How is that such a loose statement, what just because some mag tells me its got to be by my tv?

I said I bought a 10m cord and tried it everywere and by the sofa was the best, so hence dont listen to anyone, its down to the person on were the sub is and were it sounds the best.

Did I tell anyone to do what I do.... NO !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts