subwoofer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Both T5i’s are now in situ. Over the moon, the bottom end is like night and day from before.

the LS50 definitely benefits from a sub. Just got to play around with it now.

Angels by Massive Attack has never sounded so good. Great tune to test the subs with, baseline throughout the track is superb

It’s rounded off the sharp edges on the LS50’s in my room. As much as I was struggling to admit it to myself they are quite bright for my tastes without a sub.. with a sub/s they’re right up my street ... the detail is superb and with the subs you get the bottom end and bass that I felt was just missing. The sound is now warmer to my ears.

Every tune so far has sounded better .. lovely jubbly 😉

Good to hear (y)

Ime even large speakers can still benefit with the addition of subwoofers. Sub bass is the foundation of sound and with all things being equal it's better to have subwoofers deal with sub bass fq's. The stronger the foundations are the better fq's above will be supported.

No body. No soul. A subwoofer is the most important component.

Reactions: andybebbs

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Good to hear (y)

Ime even large speakers can still benefit with the addition of subwoofers. Sub bass is the foundation of sound and with all things being equal it's better to have subwoofers deal with sub bass fq's. The stronger the foundations are the better fq's above will be supported.

No body. No soul. A subwoofer is the most important component.

without a doubt it’s taken the system to the next level. The improvement is vast.

I’ve still got all the things I loved about the LS50, the detail and soundstage with the bottom end now filled out. Everything sounds better.

total outlay on two Rel T5i’s and the LS50’s was £1300. I doubt you could get new floor standers for that money that go this low and sound this good. Happy days ;)

without a doubt it’s taken the system to the next level. The improvement is vast.

I’ve still got all the things I loved about the LS50, the detail and soundstage with the bottom end now filled out. Everything sounds better.

total outlay on two Rel T5i’s and the LS50’s was £1300. I doubt you could get new floor standers for that money that go this low and sound this good. Happy days ;)

When effectively aligned/calibrated/dialled in, sub/s should integrate seamlessly with the mains and disappear into the soundstage with a deep, sharp, tight fisted, fast and powerful punchy sub bass. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts