subwoofer

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi i am considering getting a subwoofer to attach to my yamaha as701 amp to go alongside my kef q550 speakers, i do also have a pair of kef iq3`s which sound great but struggling to find the space for all 4 so was going to sell the iq3`s and put the money towards a subwoofer. so looking for something under £500 that`s not to big but has good deep base.
Andy

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
OK thanks.

If you call Richer Sounds store in Manchester they had one for they said would do for me for £400, out of box or ex demo.

The only reason I bought from Home AV was I needed some of it on interest free as I've completely upgraded my system in the last 6 weeks and the HiFi cash well is a bit dry. RS only do finance on £500 and above and I only wanted £200.

Reactions: jjbomber

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Mine arrives today so looking forward to adding it to my system but seems a fiddly process:)

Doesn't it just. Both mine have arrived, but I'm going to have to wait until the weekend to set them up. Let me know how you get on.

Be sure to watch the instructional videos on the Rel YouTube channel

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
well i connected it up and just running it in at around the 12 oclock position on the dials for now and will adjust in a few days. as for sound it has really enhanced my system and the whole sound is much better. my kef q550 speakers sound even crisper now they are not struggling for bass. so far impressed :):)

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
well i connected it up and just running it in at around the 12 oclock position on the dials for now and will adjust in a few days. as for sound it has really enhanced my system and the whole sound is much better. my kef q550 speakers sound even crisper now they are not struggling for bass. so far impressed :):)
That's music to my ears, excuse the pun. I'll be setting mine up the weekend.

Did you use the track that Rel suggest (sneakers track 4) when tuning?

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
go for it andy the red rose track is great i listen to lots of dub/roots music which sounds fab also and a good cd to play was george michael symphonica sounded amazing.
go for it andy the red rose track is great i listen to lots of dub/roots music which sounds fab also and a good cd to play was george michael symphonica sounded amazing.
I'll report back as to how I get on . :)

Reactions: andybebbs

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Both T5i’s are now in situ. Over the moon, the bottom end is like night and day from before.

the LS50 definitely benefits from a sub. Just got to play around with it now.

Angels by Massive Attack has never sounded so good. Great tune to test the subs with, baseline throughout the track is superb

It’s rounded off the sharp edges on the LS50’s in my room. As much as I was struggling to admit it to myself they are quite bright for my tastes without a sub.. with a sub/s they’re right up my street ... the detail is superb and with the subs you get the bottom end and bass that I felt was just missing. The sound is now warmer to my ears.

Every tune so far has sounded better .. lovely jubbly 😉

Last edited:

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Great news Andy thought you might be pleased and will try that track as well. What settings did you end up on?
I’ve got the High/Lo levels at 9 o’clock (was 11 when I set up and tested 1 on its own, dialled both down to 9 when running together) and the crossover at 10 on both.

I still need to play around with it a bit I think. I’ve got one in the corner and one between the settee and wall.

Last edited:

AndyCC72

Jan 13, 2021
Visit site
Great news Andy thought you might be pleased and will try that track as well. What settings did you end up on?
I’ve just got to resist the temptation to crank
it up. The neighbours are lovely and fortunately we get on well but they have already politely requested I turn down the volume on a few occasions....before I got the subs...

another benefit of the sub is that the music sounds better on lower volumes than it did before.. win win all round😉

Reactions: andybebbs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts