subwoofer position/problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i have the monitor audio radius system and am having a few issues. I have a Rel q150e subwoofer in front of the listening position and it is giving me really good bass response pressurising the room really well. Problem is there is a hum coming from the sub that is really noticeable when in the listening position (must be a sweet spot) I also have a monitor audio rs w12 which for some reason sounds no where near as good as the REL, its in the same position as the REL but is not extending as low or giving as much impact and its to a noticeable amount. I bought the m/a sub about a year ago based on reviews and thought being a newer modal than my 6 year old REL and higher price bracket it would be in a different class altogether. My question for those in the know is, is there anyway i can get the rsw12 to sound as i assume its supposed to, or get rid of the annoying hum from my REL. I have tried different sockets but have not tried mains conditioners or power lead upgrades. Im using the really thin QED subwoofer cable at the moment which was highly recommended by sevenoaks.

A

Anonymous

Just in case you need to know my system is as follows.
Pioneer pdp 42in screen.
Denon avr3805
Denon dvd3910
arcam a85 (connected to front pre outs)
apple tv
monitor radius 220 front three
monitor radius 45 rear
monitor audio rs w12
rel q150e

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts