Subwoofer Help PLEASE!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Going to pick up some q acoustic 1050 floorstanders this weekend and thought I would get a subwoofer to go with them. The speakers and subwoofer will be run from a integrated amplifier with the A channel running the 1050's and the B channel running the subwoofer (via the speaker level in on the subwoofer). This should be ok as I can switch the B channel off when I dont want the sub running.

Where im not sure is, does the sub still switch on and off itself if using the speaker level input and also the q acoustic sub goes down to 45hz but the speakers themself go down to 44hz so would the sub be pointless? Im considering the q acoustic sub as it would be nice to have a matching set of speakers and also I need a sub which will accept a speaker input rather then a line out.

Sorry if this is confusing but as always all help is appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I listened to them at the superfi store and the bass felt like it didnt go that low, could be due to the listening room and the fact that it was a concrete floor and not wooden floorboards. The bass may well be more then enough when I get them home but I just found it confusing that the speakers go lower then the sub!

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Why would you get a 'sub' that doesn't go lower than your main speakers? It will be absolutely pointless...and a 'subwoofer' is supposed to provide bottom octave frequencies (and harmonics), ie. 20-40Hz(and below), therefore anything which can't even reach 40Hz is just a 'woofer'. Don't waste your money Mohsin.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for advice, I thought that 45hz wasnt that low but I have never bought a sub before. Any suggestions on something in cherry or black with dimensions around 350mm x 350mm x 350mm or smaller with a speaker level input?

A

Anonymous

Have a look at the mj acustics range.http://www.mjacoustics.co.uk/ or somthing from BK elec. http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XLS200-DF.htm

they are both great makers of subs but i recon you get more for your money with BK imo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts