I have upgraded my regular Ortofon OM10 stylus to the 40's one and I could immediately tell how sound presentation improved even better, despite Ortofon OM10 itself, or its "Red" equivalent, both being not bad in the first place. If any turntable is decent enough, it is worth to consider stylus/cartridge upgrade for such an instant sonic benefit.

nopiano said:
Agreed! Always worth checking the model range in advance, as upgrading the stylus only is often much cheaper - but that contains all the moving parts, so is effectively a brand new cartridge.

Quite agree up to a point. If it doesn't contain the vital parts and the cartridge body does then it's not a cost-effective upgrade.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
nopiano said:
Agreed! Always worth checking the model range in advance, as upgrading the stylus only is often much cheaper - but that contains all the moving parts, so is effectively a brand new cartridge.

Quite agree up to a point. If it doesn't contain the vital parts and the cartridge body does then it's not a cost-effective upgrade.

"Quite agree up to a point...." - Nice. Yeah - I see what you did there !! ;-) ;-)

TRENDING THREADS