style speakers for yamaha 1067

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
hi there iam about to buy the yamaha 1067, the problem is i dont know what style speaker package to buy, my budget is no more than 1000 (1000 max}, i already have the kef 2005.1, speakers been advised to upgrade my speakers, can anyone suggest a set of speakers to go with this amp, i like to listen to music through my squeezebox duet so they will have to be good for music also, any help please, cheers

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You already have a style speaker package that retails for £800, so I'm not sure what to suggest within £1000. Are you going to sell the Kefs and put towards the budget or does the £1k include that? MA Radius HD are often partnered with Yamaha but I would look at larger speakers if music is important. There are a number of deals around on the MA Bronze. The finishes are limited but if you hunt around you might get the finish you want. The BR6 5.0 setup is £500 at QuantumElectronics. There is no sub though but you could easily add a BK XLS400 or even Monolith and still come in under budget.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
His reasoning for this is:

1) The Yam deserves better speakers to play through?

2) He needs more sales to keep his job?
emotion-8.gif

weesack:hi there iam about to buy the yamaha 1067, the problem is i dont know what style speaker package to buy, my budget is no more than 1000 (1000 max}, i already have the kef 2005.1, speakers been advised to upgrade my speakers, can anyone suggest a set of speakers to go with this amp, i like to listen to music through my squeezebox duet so they will have to be good for music also, any help please, cheers

Hi weesack

I hope you don't mind adking as i just need some clarification. Is the £1k budget for the amp + speakers or the speakers alone?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
well pete he did saythat if i purchased this amp i would not get full use of it with my old speakers and he was also more likely looking for sale

weesack

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
hi musicraft, ive already got the budget for the amp, iwasnt expecting to be looking for a new set of speakers, but after the advice given i think i would go upto 1000max for a good set of speakers

weesack:hi musicraft, ive already got the budget for the amp, iwasnt expecting to be looking for a new set of speakers, but after the advice given i think i would go upto 1000max for a good set of speakers

Hi weesack

Thanks for your reply.

Your speakers can be bettered however they are more then capable with the RX-V1067 so if you are happy with them i would hold on to them for a while yet.

I would suggest you should also consider the RX-V2067 instead of the already excellent RX-V1067 as for another £200 or so it is worth every penny of the premium.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm with Rick on this one.......buy the 2067......

Then upgrade to something like the MA Apex/Dali Fazon 2/B&W MT-30 down the line........for an awesome set up...
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts