streaming verses cd player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can you explane why music streamed through my dac magic spotify or we7 would sound much better than my cd player a cambridge 640 azur playing through the same dac magic.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your CD Player, however good, is working in pretty much realtime. This means that any information taken from the disc by the CD transport has to be processed by the CDP's DAC immediately. As a result the info is taken off quickly and some stuff can be missed. CD players are very good at "filling" these data gaps but they are, to an extent, guessing what should be there through interpolation.

On the other hand music ripped from a CD to an electronic, lossless file, format is not under any time pressure. It can go as fast, or slow, as it needs to so that it extracts all data. The result is so called "bit perfect" data.

Whether or not it sounds any "better" however is in the ears of the listener. I happen to think it does, but many prefer the CD sound in the same way that many prefer vinyl to CD's.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that on my system i can hear a differance

A

Anonymous

thanks for that on my system i can hear a differance

A

Anonymous

so what cd player would be a good upgrade on a small budget from a cambridge azur 640c i like warm sound with good base and dont mind e bay?

A

Anonymous

so what cd player would be a good upgrade on a small budget from a cambridge azur 640c i like warm sound with good base and dont mind e bay?

TRENDING THREADS