Streaming from PC Tidal

ofnarcr

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Forgive me for i am still learning. I like to stream from my PC. Currently i'm streaming tidal from my PC to my old marantz 2250b and the sound is good, i just feel like i might be missing out on something using the onboard audio output on my pc (3.5mm B450 tomahawk). Recently i ran into an old sony cd player and i've noticed sound is better when compared to streaming off the pc. I've looked and looked but can't make heads or tales of the many options.
What is everybody else using from streaming? I'm willing to ditch the pc but some of the options seem really pricey just to get an analog signal to an amplifier.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i have scoured the internet to no avail. TIA

jjbomber

I use a Behringer UCA222 plugged into the USB of the laptop. In your case you would then use the analogue line level output to the amplifier. Should be an increase in quality for not much money. Not sure where you live but US$30 or thereabouts.

ofnarcr

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Looked like a good option but it looks like they changed the chipset in the newer ones. After a post on the avs forum someone got me onto the Smsl Sanskrit 10th mk2 so I'm trying that out. Thank you for your time:)

drg_hifi

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
You can use a "streamer" device instead of the computer, this way you don't need to power on the computer to output the stream. In other words the build in circuitry of the computer is pretty weak compared do any decent DAC or even external USB board(if you want something cheap just get an external USB audio board and the sound will still be improved).

What do you stream out of Tidal? Hi-Fi/Master or Premium 320 kbps AAC?

My 2 cents.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts