Streamer ideas

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Macspur said:
The Innuos mini should be here on Friday for me to try.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com
I’m not the only one looking forward to your reports on this, Mac! A dealer I respect told me a few months ago how impressed they were with the Zen Mini when they first had it. Then they had the Zen, then the Zenith, each one excelling. And now they’re all in Mark 2 versions!

I was mighty impressed at my first audition of the active/wireless KEF LS50 off a Zenith.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
CnoEvil said:
Paulq said:
My previous post aside (when I thought the OP was dead set on a streamer), this is very good advice. The gains you will hear will be so miniscule that it's simply not worth it and you can get lost in striving for perfection without realising what you have is already very good.

Make yourself a brew, stick a CD on and enjoy what you have. You have a setup that many would be envious of and already have a streamer to go down the NAS route if you decide to. That's the most I'd change. Honestly, save your money.

I have always believed that people need to find their own path, through listening for themselves.

There are those who think DACs and Streamers make little difference - and certainly not worth spending much money on....and there are those who, after listening to a variety of stuff, feel that spending a bit more brings worthwhile benefits.

At the end of the day, either approach is fine by me - and imo, a decision shouldn't happen as a result of what someone (anyone) on a forum says....but as a result of trying different alternatives.

While I agree, I also think we need to be careful with people that don't fully understand the technology involved that could easily be impressionable and waste money they don't need.
I did a bit of research today about streaming and streamers and it can get quite complex if you buy separate things like dacs , NAS , software and then bundle it all together to make it run smoothly which if you never done it before it can be a little complex a specially about software and which software is the best to use but I understand this is just something you have learn for your self .

But buying a standalone streamer where it has all of those things under one roof makes life simpler and convenient and easier but will cost to buy a really good one where it has excellent power supply has a top Dac inside good users interface storage if you buy one like this like the bluesound vault 2 which you can rip CDs and store all on the same device which comes to mind or something like the Cambridge Azur 851N which is meant to be very good streamer .

The list is endless in the choice you make and what way you want to do it and how much you want to spend

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
CnoEvil said:
Paulq said:
My previous post aside (when I thought the OP was dead set on a streamer), this is very good advice.  The gains you will hear will be so miniscule that it's simply not worth it and you can get lost in striving for perfection without realising what you have is already very good.

Make yourself a brew, stick a CD on and enjoy what you have. You have a setup that many would be envious of and already have a streamer to go down the NAS route if you decide to. That's the most I'd change. Honestly, save your money.

I have always believed that people need to find their own path, through listening for themselves.

There are those who think DACs and Streamers make little difference - and certainly not worth spending much money on....and there are those who, after listening to a variety of stuff, feel that spending a bit more brings worthwhile benefits.

At the end of the day, either approach is fine by me - and imo, a decision shouldn't happen as a result of what someone (anyone) on a forum says....but as a result of trying different alternatives.

While I agree, I also think we need to be careful with people that don't fully understand the technology involved that could easily be impressionable and waste money they don't need.
I did a bit of research today about streaming and streamers and it can get quite complex if you buy separate things like dacs , NAS , software and then bundle it all together to make it run smoothly which if you never done it before it can be  a little complex a specially about software and which software is the best to use but I understand this is just something you have learn for your self .

But buying a standalone streamer where it has all of those things under one roof makes life simpler and convenient and easier but will cost to buy a really good one where it has excellent power supply has a top Dac inside good users interface storage if you buy one like this like the bluesound vault 2 which you can rip CDs and store all on the same device which  comes to mind or something like the Cambridge Azur 851N which is meant to be very good streamer .

The list is endless in the choice you make and what way you want to do it and how much you want to spend 

Good man
Take your time to understand
What's all involved.
You can even build your own streamer but that's for another day lol

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
nopiano said:
Macspur said:
The Innuos mini should be here on Friday for me to try.

Mac

I’m not the only one looking forward to your reports on this, Mac! A dealer I respect told me a few months ago how impressed they were with the Zen Mini when they first had it. Then they had the Zen, then the Zenith, each one excelling. And now they’re all in Mark 2 versions!

I was mighty impressed at my first audition of the active/wireless KEF LS50 off a Zenith.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Thanks Mathew, the main reason for me borrowing it is to see if it's accessible for me i.e it's software/apps are able to be read by my screenreading software.

It will prob take me a little while to get to grips with it, but I will report back.

Sorry BS for slightly hijacking your thread, but it is related and hopefully my experience may be of some help to you.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts