Strapped For Cash

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:
Keep the insults coming chaps

On the basis that the mods have promised to lock threads that have personal insults, sure.

You're a complete ****. You have the intelligence and wit of a child. You have single handledy made this forum a deeply unpleasant place to be. If you missed it, that's because you're a complete ****, who sociopathically derives satisfaction from aggravating others.

A

Anonymous

BenLaw said:
cloverleaf146 said:
BenLaw said:
An interesting inference from this is that any such individual must always have held the same views. So whatever age cloverleaf is now, he holds the same views as when he was, say, 15. Or, indeed, 5. This obviously rings true with his childlike opinions and reasoning, but is really rather pathetic.

Explain how I'm wrong.

Exactly. I refer you to my previous post regarding your avatar.

A

Anonymous

BenLaw said:
cloverleaf146 said:

On the basis that the mods have promised to lock threads that have personal insults, sure.

You're a complete ****. You have the intelligence and wit of a child. You have single handledy made this forum a deeply unpleasant place to be. If you missed it, that's because you're a complete ****, who sociopathically derives satisfaction from aggravating others.

The very eloquence I have come to expect of you , thank you so much for your input :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:
BenLaw said:
cloverleaf146 said:
BenLaw said:
An interesting inference from this is that any such individual must always have held the same views. So whatever age cloverleaf is now, he holds the same views as when he was, say, 15. Or, indeed, 5. This obviously rings true with his childlike opinions and reasoning, but is really rather pathetic.

Explain how I'm wrong.

Exactly. I refer you to my previous post regarding your avatar.

This makes no sense, you ******* moron.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:
BenLaw said:
cloverleaf146 said:

The very eloquence I have come to expect of you , thank you so much for your input :)

In almost all of your recent posts, I have noted spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and an inability to use the quotation system, hardly great signs of eloquence or intelligence. My choice to begin swearing at you is entirely rational and I assure nothing to do with eloquence or otherwise. I thought dealing with you on your level may be the only way for you to fathom what others are thinking. So perhaps deal with the fact (geddit) that everyone thinks you are an imbecilic ****. It is also rather fun calling a spade a spade. Or in this case a **** a ****.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I fail to see why forum members whom I like and respect are giving 'oxygen' to a forum vandal at risk of getting banned themselves due to their use of offensive language.

It plays into his hands and worst case - if bannings did occur - leaves him triumphant and free to start ever more divisive/corrosive/goading threads.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
I fail to see why forum members whom I like and respect are giving 'oxygen' to a forum vandal at risk of getting banned themselves due to their use of offensive language.

It plays into his hands and - worst case if bannings do occur - leaves him triumphant and free to start ever more devisive/corrosive/goading threads.

Can I suggest just not responding to cloverleaf146.

I agree a blanket boycott of his posts would be best. Unfortunately, this won't be achieved because more infrequent members will not be aware of his antics. So, he'll still get oxygen and the opportunity to behave as he does.

As it stands, I wouldn't be terribly sorry to be banned. As stated, I've found the forum a deeply unpleasant place over the last few days because of him. I'm saddened to see two members feel the need (which I respect) to stop posting because of him. I was hoping my posts might force the hands of the mods in one way or another. I don't see why cloverlead shouldn't be banned. This isn't a state institution guaranteeing a free voice to all, however offensive. This is a forum for discussing AV and hifi with occasional light banter, none of which cloverleaf has any desire to participate in. I'd like to be rid of him.

A

Anonymous

. I thought dealing with you on your level may be the only way for you to fathom what others are thinking.

Except Ben, it isn't my level, it's yours.

I think you will find that I havn't needed to resort to comparing people to female genitalia as a substitute for reasoned, intelligent , mature debate. I don't recall claiming to be great a spelling either, so the relevance escapes me.

What's most interesting though ? Your professed reason for swearing (thin as it is) was to get the thread closed.

Yet another example of the left seeking to close down a debate that they don't like and when realise that they have lost the argument. At least you are consistent. :clap: :)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Thread pruned for severe, offensive and repeated profanity. Please desist.

Do you plan to do anything about cloverleaf? If I'm the only one for whom he's making this an unpleasant place, let me know and I'll be off. If others feel the same way, then surely you should be doing something?

FWIW I don't see that strong moderation on this sort of issue can be criticised in the same way that stepping into cable debates was.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Do you plan to do anything about cloverleaf? If I'm the only one for whom he's making this an unpleasant place, let me know and I'll be off. If others feel the same way, then surely you should be doing something?

I have merely removed from public view your repeated use of deeply offensive language. I have now referred this thread, and the other in which you have decided to start using similar language, also now unpublished, to the moderation team.

BenLaw said:
FWIW I don't see that strong moderation on this sort of issue can be criticised in the same way that stepping into cable debates was.

In the light of your recent outbursts, IW very little.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Andrew Everard said:
Thread pruned for severe, offensive and repeated profanity. Please desist.

You may have guessed I'm not cloverleaf's biggest fan, but the issue is, whilst he / she strays very close to (and does sometimes just step over) the boundries, he / she is only expressing an opinion and seems to have a talent for goading normally quite rational posters into fits of rage / annoyance enough for them to then well and truly break the rules. The satisfaction is then theirs to see this, and they'll carry on, hopefully dragging more and more people down. Whilst this may not seem right, at the moment, the WHF policy of moderation seems to be one of not to just ban people because others don't like them and I'd not like to see that personally as it stinks of "cliqueness" and any such view, whether justified or not, may put new people off from attempting to join in.

My advice would be if you feel like doing that - don't. Close the laptop / switch off the monitor, put some music on, have a nice glass of something and relax and remember it really isn't important what one person does or does not say on a hi-fi forum. When you see future posts, ignore them. Don't even read them. Eventually, if enough people do this, the satisfaction he / she clearly gains from their trolling will dry up, and they'll be off somewhere else to get their fix.

Much better bet than losing valuable moments of your life on something which, to be frank, can really be better spent.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Thread locked while everyone cools off. Personal insults are contrary to House Rules. While I don't think it's our job to stifle debate, if people can't behave like adults then we have no choice but to intervene. I'd suggest following professorhat's advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts