Sting on BBC1 now - excellent

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Crossie said:
Well worth a listen

If only to fall over laughing at the sheer cringeworthy awfulness of the whole thing?

It's a bit earnest and 'right on', to turn a phrase, and I only saw the second half but the composition and performance was not half bad.

I speak as someone who does not regard Sting particularly highly as a solo artist, but this was better than anything he has done in a while.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Such criticism is harsh.

It can't be easy to play guitar & sing while simultaneously having your head planted firmly up your own back passage.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Crocodile said:
Such criticism is harsh.

It can't be easy to play guitar & sing while simultaneously having your head planted firmly up your own back passage.

He has practised yoga for years so this should come naturally to him.

regards

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
,,,,,It also couldnt have been easy to have to stop singing in that ridiculous Jamaican accent you have used for decades to be replaced by a bizarre

Geordie/Jamaican/American/Irish one,,,,

Woeful and Jimmy (Crocodile Shoeeeeees) Nail was in it too just to add that seal of rubbishosity to the proceedings.

At least he could remember the words - did anyone notice Sting was using an autocue??

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The music is from his last album and is basically a play/stage show.

The different accents are actually meant to be differnt people.

I would encourage you to buy the album on vinyl and have another listen, it is really a follow on from his excellent Soul Cages.

AmigaNut

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
AmigaNut said:
The music is from his last album and is basically a play/stage show.

The different accents are actually meant to be differnt people.

I would encourage you to buy the album on vinyl and have another listen, it is really a follow on from his excellent Soul Cages.

AmigaNut

I would rather eat my own arm

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Crossie said:
Well worth a listen :rockout: :dance:

Don't worry mate, next time you're watching something that you're enjoying and for one stupid minute you think you might just recommend it to WHF forum members, I will fully understand if you instead say 'f--k it'.

I quite enjoyed it. Talk about Sting having his head up his own ar-e. Looking at some of the responses the poor OP got here, some of you lot have obviously had a good close look at your own colons as well.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Crossie said:
Well worth a listen :rockout: :dance:

Don't worry mate, next time you're watching something that you're enjoying and for one stupid minute you think you might just recommend it to WHF forum members, I will fully understand if you instead say 'f--k it'.

I quite enjoyed it. Talk about Sting having his head up his own ar-e. Looking at some of the responses the poor OP got here, some of you lot have obviously had a good close look at your own colons as well.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and i'm glad you enjoyed it. The fact i/we thought it was ludicrous pretentious nonsense of the highest order shouldnt bother you old chap it's nothing personal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts