Still having problems with the site

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Keep having to clear my cookies to post on certain posts. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Try closing your tab and re-opening a new one.
Cheers buddy.
thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Can someone let me know when it's better posting please? Can't be done with this.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
What problems? Looks fine to me.
I have to clear my cookies everyday to post. It's also really slow. Cheers.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So unless I take Gel's advice and stay logged in, I am still having problems.

When I log in (successfully) and then open a thread, the edit, quote, reply and report buttons dissappear. So my only option is to login from that thread, and I then get a pop up message saying that I am not authorised to access What Hifi.

So I then have to clear my browsing history before trying again. (I'm using Google Chrome).

Are others getting the same problem?, and are there any tips to curing this? (other than what I have mentioned above).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jonathanRD said:

When I log in (successfully) and then open a thread, the edit, quote, reply and report buttons dissappear. So my only option is to login from that thread, and I then get a pop up message saying that I am not authorised to access What Hifi.

So I then have to clear my browsing history before trying again. (I'm using Google Chrome).

Are others getting the same problem?, and are there any tips to curing this? (other than what I have mentioned above).

No I have never had that. Sorry I can't help.

My niggles are minor in comparison. When quoting I get this panel ...

31650755343_662140f97d.jpg

... and have to change text format from "select" to "comment" on the drop-down every time.

I also get this tiresome pop-up despite having pop-ups turned off and not getting them from any other site ...

31984854781_23bf0afdd8.jpg

This is across all the platforms I use. (Including iOS/Safari.)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
jonathanRD said:

I am still getting this problem, but confusingly not if I go into this thread, which works normally?

Mods: You have now been added to the trusted group.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I still seem to have a periodic issue where having logged in, I still only see a 'login' button under the posts, but clicking it takes me to the Post Reply screen. That's not too bad I guess unless I want to quote somebody. Couple of times now I've had to manually copy and paste someone's text between [ quote ] [ /quote ] tags

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
jonathanRD said:

I am still getting this problem, but confusingly not if I go into this thread, which works normally?

Thank you - but early indications are that this has not fixed the problem. Just had to clear my browsing history again to be able to 'quote' this. But I will give it a few days and report back again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Having problems listening to my iPad music on the website because of the adverts that keep appearing (I think), just thought of a solution though listen to my iPhone instead.
regular_smile.gif

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
It's just as well I don't post much.

I'm still having difficulties, if I'm not logged in and I read a thread I'd like to post in I have to clear all browsing history before logging in. If I don't clear the history and log straight in when I go back to the thread it tells me I need to log in, which is quite annoying (small understatement).

This happens on both my Android tablet and my Windows laptop.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
jonathanRD said:
jonathanRD said:

Thank you - but early indications are that this has not fixed the problem. Just had to clear my browsing history again to be able to 'quote' this. But I will give it a few days and report back again.

I might not be a prolific poster but the issues described above continue for me, and it almost prevents me from making any posts at all - it's just become too much messing around. Even clearing my browsing history does not always work, and I get similar issues on an android tablet - mostly though I use my desk top computer.

This morning, after clearing my browsing history, and then opening a new tab, going into a thread, then logging in, it takes me into my admin page. Then I have to re-navigate to the thread I want, and then at this stage, today, I have no access to replying or quoting, and have to re-login. Often after login at this stage, it only allows me to make a post - not reply to one, which would make my post either meaningless without reference to another post, or I have to write more to reference it. On other occasions it works (this thread does work ok?) but there does not seem to be any logic to this. I can't seem to find any pattern to the issue so I am starting to give up. I have a Dell desktop with all the normal software you would expect, using Chrome usually. I am begining to think it has something to do with my setup on this site. I never used to get this probelm before?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
This morning, after clearing my browsing history, and then opening a new tab, going into a thread, then logging in, it takes me into my admin page. Then I have to re-navigate to the thread I want, and then at this stage, today, I have no access to replying or quoting, and have to re-login. Often after login at this stage, it only allows me to make a post - not reply to one, which would make my post either meaningless without reference to another post, or I have to write more to reference it. On other occasions it works (this thread does work ok?) but there does not seem to be any logic to this.

Seems to be related to the problem I've had for months but i've just learned to live with it. If you log-in to reply to a particular thread, then navigate back to the thread to quote or reply, you get presented with the login button again, not reply or quote. But clicking 'login' will instead take you to the reply page. To get the quote and reply buttons back on that thread, you have to force your browser to fully refresh its cache of the page by holding down shift while clicking your brower's reload/refresh button. Easy on a computer, but let's see you do that on a tablet...

Basically this whole forum sucks and would appear to be being deliberately allowed to drift into stagnation in readiness for decommissioning.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
jonathanRD said:
This morning, after clearing my browsing history, and then opening a new tab, going into a thread, then logging in, it takes me into my admin page. Then I have to re-navigate to the thread I want, and then at this stage, today, I have no access to replying or quoting, and have to re-login. Often after login at this stage, it only allows me to make a post - not reply to one, which would make my post either meaningless without reference to another post, or I have to write more to reference it. On other occasions it works (this thread does work ok?) but there does not seem to be any logic to this.

Seems to be related to the problem I've had for months but i've just learned to live with it. If you log-in to reply to a particular thread, then navigate back to the thread to quote or reply, you get presented with the login button again, not reply or quote. But clicking 'login' will instead take you to the reply page. To get the quote and reply buttons back on that thread, you have to force your browser to fully refresh its cache of the page by holding down shift while clicking your brower's reload/refresh button. Easy on a computer, but let's see you do that on a tablet...

Basically this whole forum sucks and would appear to be being deliberately allowed to drift into stagnation in readiness for decommissioning.

Cheers Major, at least it's not just me having issues. Thanks for the tip re refreshing the browser.

Clearly something changed at some point to cause this problem, but it seems that there is little chance of a fix - going on the complete lack of response from WHF themselves. It's probably down to the budget or lack of it *smile*

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
It's frustrating in the extreme, I realise. It's a cache issue (as has been pointed out) and it's something our development team is aware of. In the meantime, refreshing the cache more than is ideal is the best work-around I can suggest. Less than optimal, I'll be the first to admit.

I would like it resolved asap and I am trying to get it resolved asap. My apologies for the annoyance in the meantime.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem Simon, through no personal fault of yours or your predecessor, all you are is piggy in the middle. The people who could actually fix it don't visit here to see the complaints and issues for themselves. No one who physically runs this site appears to give a flying toss whether it works properly or not so long as it exists in order to tick the all important 'we have a forum' box.

But thanks for the update.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts