Stereo Speakers - best wall mount solution under 600 EUR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just looking on the Euro sites and Dynaudio DBM50's are within your budget, quality speakers with a good sound.

Downsides are rear ported and an angled front baffle, this would need a wedge type stand to bring the tweeter more in alignment with your extended seating position.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
chrisr34000 said:
DocG said:
I haven't heard these, so I'm not sure what you can expect. What you cannot expect is bass: it cuts off at 115 Hz.

Thanks for the answer. Can you elaborate why I can't expect bass?

Well, it's in the specs: 115 Hz at -2 dB. That is really bass-light. Which is not a surprise as the speakers are very shallow. In a home cinema set-up, combined with a subwoofer, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, though even then you would probably need 2 subs: from 80-100 Hz up, sound is directional, so you would hear it if the sound comes from just one sub. And then there's the issue of properly blending the sub/s with the main speakers...

chrisr34000

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I've narrowed it down to:

- M-Audio BX8 D2 (to see if there is a difference between cheapers speakers and more expensive models)

- Presonus Eris E8

- Adam F7

I have to say that the Adam speakers were significantly better than the other two. The Presonus were good, but not in the same league as Adam.

Thanks for your feedback and help!

EvPa

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear that you might be getting ADAMs, my ARTist 6s should get home on Friday (unless the impending cyclone prevents me from collecting them).

I already have their Sub7 and it is quite impressive, despite its diminutive size and 7'' driver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts