Stereo amplifier to replace home cinema amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have some Sonus Faber Concertino Domus speakers that are powered by a Denon AVR3805 amplifier. I know this is not ideal - originally it was all hooked up via the TV but now it only serves to power the speakers for music. I am looking to get a decent stereo amplifier to replace it.

What stereo amplifier would make a good replacement? I seem to remember the sales guys saying the Sonus Fabers need quite a bit of power to drive them. Not sure how much I want to spend but would be good to see what options there are that are less than £500, around £500 and up to £1,000.

It needs to be able to accommodate an iPod/iPhone so a docking station would be good but not essential but obviously an input. I know there are some combined amp/CD players/iPod/hard disk/receiver options out there - again not essential but if you think any are worth considering that would be great.

Appreciate any advice!

A

Anonymous

emotion-42.gif
Thoughts from amyone...?

Problem with Sonus Faber speakers is they need a quality amp to make the most of them, so even s/hand £500 limits the choice. Possibly look at Creek Evo 2 (around £600), Roksan Kandy, but ideally the amps that'll make the most of these speakers are: Naim, Sugden, Leema Pulse...

Sorry I can't be more help...

A

Anonymous

i just adde a dedicated cd and amp and speakers for music all from audio emotion in scotland and the astintrew amp is sonically exellent i partnered this with leema cd and ATC SC 11s ring mark and talk to him

A

Anonymous

Agree with pp, there is a sugden a21a on e-bay at £320.00, that would do very nice i would have thought or try buying a new sugden mystro, maybe get it for your upper budget. I personally love the sugden sound, can,t beat it in my opinion.

T

the record spot

I think Matthew might be in New Zealand. Just a guess going by his username...! Mark'll help out, but the shipping might be pricey!

matthewpiano

I'd be looking at amps from Audio Analogue and Unison Research to go with those speakers. You are going to have to spend a decent amount to get the best out of Sonus Fabers.

The AstinTrew amps also look very interesting and have received some excellent reviews in other publications.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts