Stereo Amplifier Suggestion

Crit1Q

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Hello guys,

Im looking for some good quality stereo amp that could drive Triangle Borea BR02 / KEF Q150
i dont need bluetooth and all that stuff... just pure amp... upto 400$ .it will be used for my PC..
the smaller the better for me..

Thanks

giocap

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Im looking too in same price range (perhaps 300) , but i have worse speakers: jamo e670 towers.
I currently have a 250$ yamaha A-S201.
I can tell you, this ampli is lifeless and does not have soundstage or project the music.
It is precise and clean. But zero dynamics and soundstage. Zero excitement. Tried it on 2 different sets of speakers. Same results.
It looks great and the company has a lot of great products. But dont get it.
I dont know about the higher end yamaha's.

Im hearing:marantz , denon, rotel.... still looking.

Hello guys,

Im looking for some good quality stereo amp that could drive Triangle Borea BR02 / KEF Q150
i dont need bluetooth and all that stuff... just pure amp... upto 400$ .it will be used for my PC..

Thanks
I think you need to be clearer about your setup. In another post you mentioned the powered version of the Triangles. Did you swap them or just return them?

What kit are you trying to connect and listen to? And do you currently own speakers, and if so, what exactly are they? Are you buying in USD currency, as you mention $400?

Crit1Q

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
I think you need to be clearer about your setup. In another post you mentioned the powered version of the Triangles. Did you swap them or just return them?

What kit are you trying to connect and listen to? And do you currently own speakers, and if so, what exactly are they? Are you buying in USD currency, as you mention $400?

I returned them, but i very like the sound and the design of them... so i probably will buy the non amplified version ..

At the store they suggested me a Audiolab M-One, but its very expensive..
So now im looking for an amplifier .
It will be connected only to PC only, so no need for bluetooth and all that stuff...pure 2 channel amp.. up to 400$ usd.

Thanks

I returned them, but i very like the sound and the design of them... so i probably will buy the non amplified version ..

At the store they suggested me a Audiolab M-One, but its very expensive..
So now im looking for an amplifier .
It will be connected only to PC only, so no need for bluetooth and all that stuff...pure 2 channel amp.. up to 400$ usd.

Thanks
Which output from your PC? An analogue output from a sound card? A digital output?

Mr Reaper’s suggestion of the NAD D3020 is a good start.

Gray

I quite like this guy
So do I.
(The way he says "palpable" amuses me).
He doesn't pretend to be the ultimate expert, yet much of what he says is more relevant and useful than other reviewers.

With the Zen DAC review for example, he was the only one I saw that mentioned the all-important software upgrade option to change the sound quality.

He's respected by viewers (and manufacturers) with good reason 👍

Reactions: doifeellucky

doifeellucky

So do I.
(The way he says "palpable" amuses me).
He doesn't pretend to be the ultimate expert, yet much of what he says is more relevant and useful than other reviewers.

With the Zen DAC review for example, he was the only one I saw that mentioned the all-important software upgrade option to change the sound quality.

He's respected by viewers (and manufacturers) with good reason 👍
I bought the Sabaj A10a amp based on his recommendation over the 3020 V2. It was £120. I use it with the Zen DAC V2 connected to my PC in my office. Excellent value. I really can’t fault either. The only negative is only one input but for my setup that isn’t an issue. I actually listen to it more than my main system when working at home and never feel it’s a compromise.

Reactions: Gray

SteveR750

FWIW I've just replaced my denon pma-600ne with a yamaha a-s501. Both are punchy, dynamic and clear. The yamaha goes louder and has a better soundstage presence, but they sound similar. I'd expect most competent amps in this price range to sound similar, though one with a low output impedance is less likely to suffer tonal response changes with speakers with varying impedance, damping factor is a reasonable metric for that. The yamaha A-Sx00/01 amps are somewhat under rated, open the cover up and it's easy to see they've been thoughtfully designed with good quality components, so it might be something else in your chain that's resulting in the sound quality you describe (hint: room effect, speaker placement). Worth investigating at least.

Reactions: matthewpianist

matthewpianist

FWIW I've just replaced my denon pma-600ne with a yamaha a-s501. Both are punchy, dynamic and clear. The yamaha goes louder and has a better soundstage presence, but they sound similar. I'd expect most competent amps in this price range to sound similar, though one with a low output impedance is less likely to suffer tonal response changes with speakers with varying impedance, damping factor is a reasonable metric for that. The yamaha A-Sx00/01 amps are somewhat under rated, open the cover up and it's easy to see they've been thoughtfully designed with good quality components, so it might be something else in your chain that's resulting in the sound quality you describe (hint: room effect, speaker placement). Worth investigating at least.

The A-S501 is a better amp than people give it credit for.

And there is the rub. "people".
Like I said , open the cover of a £300 amp and look at the topology, the quality of the components. FWIW a toroidal transformer is not somehow special, it's just cheaper to make!
There is soo much nonsense written into supposed boutique hardware.
I've not heard the 501 but have the 500. The amp was powering KEF R300 - very impressive

Friesiansam

And there is the rub. "people".
Like I said , open the cover of a £300 amp and look at the topology, the quality of the components. FWIW a toroidal transformer is not somehow special, it's just cheaper to make!
There is soo much nonsense written into supposed boutique hardware.
I think if you open the cover of any HiFi box, it will be hard to see where the money goes.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

Thanks
This one's easy. NAD 316bee v2. Mid forward and punchy bass. Cambridge AXA35 is another option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts