Question Stereo Amplifier advice to match current system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would head towards your top budget of £1000 as most amps in the £500 would not be a massive improvement to what you already have, bearing in mind many of the budget amps are starting around £500 nowadays. e.g. Marantz 6007, Denon PMA-800NE. What about amps like Marantz PM8006, Arcam SA20, Denon PMA-1600NE, Audiolab 8300A.

gasolin

WTF why is a Denon PMA-1600NE so cheap at hyperfi ?

rainsoothe

Apologies, I would prefer an amp with no Phono Stage, as I would not be using it.

Yes
Well you don't have to exclude amps with phonostages just because you're not gonna be using their phono inputs. If the amp sounds good and has the features you need, the rest is just extras. I mean avoiding a Supernait 3 just because it has a phonostage doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it's still a kick-a** amp.
But yes, do audition the M2si too.

Reactions: DaveyLounge

Luisrq

Jun 5, 2022
Visit site
Let us know how it goes :)
Hello, I've saw the Musical Fidelity M2si , but I can't see the Phono input, on the other side I've saw on th specs "Phonostage: No" I don't know what it means this and before to buy it I would like be sure I can put my turntable for vinyl discs.
Thanks in advance for your help
Lluis

Luisrq

Jun 5, 2022
Visit site
There are no phono input on a Musical Fidelity M2si

What is so hard to understand Phonostage: No ?
Thank you! I'm not English I was not sure that "Phonostage" means the Phono Input, right now I see. Than I have a second question, shall I purchase a Pre-Phono Musical Fidelity LX2 to listen my vinyls? Thank you

TRENDING THREADS