Status Quo

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember going to a christmas party at the CIA in Cardiff around 2000. We sneaked through a doorway and found ouselves on a balcony overlooking the main arena. To be fair to them - they were rocking the place! :rockout:

They must be getting on a bit now though!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

abacus said:
They never broke up and have been performing live for years, easily filling stadiums.

Bill

It's true, but I think they've re-united with some of the original members after many years.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Please forgive this post, The Quo are fantastic live as are the Darkness, before you right off these guys you must go see them as they realy rock :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
If that is the sort of music you play, good luck to you.

Don't get too sniffy sunshine.

My very fond memories of Quo were with seeing them live at the Free Trade Hall 40 years ago when they were bloody brilliant, many years before Marguerita Time and You're in the Army and all that sort of rubbish. Before you dismiss Quo, back in 1973 they were one of the best live bands around if all you wanted to do was rock out, and as a 16 year old that's all I wanted to do.

Easy target the Quo but they were one of the best in their day.

Might put Piledriver on before I go to bed and get my head down, down, deeper and down.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
BigH said:

My very fond memories of Quo were with seeing them live at the Free Trade Hall 40 years ago when they were bloody brilliant, many years before Marguerita Time and You're in the Army and all that sort of rubbish. Before you dismiss Quo, back in 1973 they were one of the best live bands around if all you wanted to do was rock out, and as a 16 year old that's all I wanted to do.

Might put Piledriver on before I go to bed and get my head down, down, deeper and down.

The pertinent bit is " In their day" . That day was 40 years ago . Saw them at Reading in 1978 . They came on after Spirit , I went home .

They do what they do very well (they've had enough practice), but after a few songs I would be bored .

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
shropshire lad said:
DIB said:
BigH said:

The pertinent bit is " In their day" . That day was 40 years ago . Saw them at Reading in 1978 . They came on after Spirit , I went home .

They do what they do very well (they've had enough practice), but after a few songs I would be bored .

If they were any good then surely they wouldn't be an "EASY TARGET"??? They are bad enough but can you imagine all the 100% sad bottoms that will be in the audience.

chip47

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems they may of been up for a quid down here in Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdV4pr4frd4

I liked the song but got sick of watching the ad !!!!!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
As I said, 40 years ago they were great. I don't play their stuff now but I certainly did back then. The period between being a pop band and re-inventing themselves as a heads down no nonsense rock band was great, but once the hits started coming again within a couple of years or so it soon went rapidly downhill.

They might be rubbish these days but if people still want to pay and see them, why not carry on?

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
As I said, 40 years ago they were great. I don't play their stuff now but I certainly did back then. The period between being a pop band and re-inventing themselves as a heads down no nonsense rock band was great, but once the hits started coming again within a couple of years or so it soon went rapidly downhill.

They might be rubbish these days but if people still want to pay and see them, why not carry on?

Exactly right. :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts