Starting from Scratch

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am new to this so looking for advice,

Have got a sony Bravia KDL-40V3000 and am now trying to set up my surround sound have recently purchased an Onkyo TX-SR605 AV Receiver. I am currently looking for set of speakers but that will no break the bank, something to get me started and then to upgrade to later. Also any advise on what cables and accessories that are good and will boost the performance for both sound and audio.

Any Advice will be great.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

At the moment for the speakers i do not want to spend too much over £400, but is this going to get me a good enough set or should i be looking at spending a bit more?

A

Anonymous

At that price range, you could have a look at the KEF 2005.2's, the KEF 1005's or the Tannoy FX 5.1 (all around the £300 mark).

Couple that with some quality speaker cable and you're on your way to building a nice set-up.

If however, you wanted to spend a bit more (and personally with the abilities of the 605, it'd be a shame not to!) ...........there's more than a few threads on this forum dedicated to the pairing of Onkyo receivers with the KEF 3005SE package.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Airborne"]
At the moment for the speakers i do not want to spend too much over £400, but is this going to get me a good enough set or should i be looking at spending a bit more?
[/quote]

Check out the Q Acoustic 1010i package. They were the award winners this year in their price bracket and can be found for around £450 on line if you do a bit of searching. I've got the old 1010 package and they're excellent. The new 1010i set is supposedly even better.

A

Anonymous

Would love the Kef 3005SE seen them in a shop recently and look great but can not aford that just yet, thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

This might be a silly question is there much difference between a KEF 3005 and 3005SE?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From what I can gather, yes. That's not to say the 3005 set is bad, just the 3005SE is better. However, I've seen the 3005s at almost half the price, so it's a question of whether the SEs are worth twice the amount of money...

Has anyone who's heard both able to comment?

A

Anonymous

Good points would be good to know if there is much difference in sound, i have currently found the 3005 for £600 on superfi if there is cheaper out there would be good to know.

Thanks for your comments

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts