Standmount speakers to match the marantz pm6004 and cd6004

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
its a bit vague to be honest.

can you descibe the kind of music you listen to and what you want from your setup?

for example, i listen to music pretty loud and i lower power from the speakers. i found that the marantz amp was too tame for my liking to power the floor standers i had (2050i) so i didnt buy it.

ive heard the bowers and wilkins sound good with your amp but they are around £400. whats your budget?

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the lack of information but my initial comment would save for some reason.

I listen to a wide range of music from rock to classical and everything in between. Budget is £500 max.

A

Anonymous

Top end budget speakers: MA RX1's RX2's and B&W 685's (maybe the CM1's as well)

Lower priced mid-high range speakers: KEF R100's or B&W CM5's (if you can find them 2nd hand)

I've heard these all with the 6004 set-up and my CR603 and they all work VERY well indeed; in particular the KEF R100's and MA speakers.

gazza100 said:
Sorry for the lack of information but my initial comment would save for some reason.

I listen to a wide range of music from rock to classical and everything in between. Budget is £500 max.

Hi gazza100

CD6004/PM6004 pair well with Monitor Audio's BX2's/Silver RX1's and Dynaudio's DM 2/6 speakers
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

hi - i have the Marantz PM6003 & CD6003 and i listened to B&W's 685 / 686? etc but i chose in the end Mezzo 2's. not sure if people will think the speaker price is a bit higher for a entry level system but you must try them at least they are really superb match - crystal clear on fine guitar and i listen to an array of music from Classical vocal and Classical Instrumental to Heavy Rock - and all i can say is i honestly beleive no matter what system you buy at whatever price you may get a different sound or a more pleasing sound to your personal ear but you will not get a cleaner clear crisp and detailed sound than this set up - could be wrong but i dont beleive it.

try them and see

neil

A

Anonymous

I managed to get R100'S for around your budget with a bit haggling. They are excellent with my Marantz MCR603. In a different league to the BX2's they replaced. So detailed, clear and the bass (and the quality of the bass) is unbelievable for a speaker of thier size.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the recommendations. Just need to find out where I can audition them in either Glasgow or Edinburgh areas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts