Standmount or Floorstanding Speakers, Which To Choose?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Visionary.

I hadn't heard of the Elac's before so i'll be sure to check them out. I think i have established that to get the best out of the Roksan i need to spend around £600 - £1000 on speake. I now need to choose between keeping the Roksan and changing the speakers or changing the Roksan and keeping the Wharfedales.

Gareth82 said:
Thanks for the reply Visionary.

I hadn't heard of the Elac's before so i'll be sure to check them out. I think i have established that to get the best out of the Roksan i need to spend around £600 - £1000 on speake. I now need to choose between keeping the Roksan and changing the speakers or changing the Roksan and keeping the Wharfedales.

Gareth - this is a long shot and I'm playing on the wife factor... we have to keep the better halves sweet.

You said she really likes the look of the Wharfedales. After looking at the Xarus 5000, I've come up with a cunning plan (in a Baldrick style).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Pair-BLACK-Mordaunt-Short-Aviano-6-Hi-Fi-Speakers-Save-125-/380395837299?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item58915bd773

These should out perform your Wharfies and will sound good with either Roksan or Onkyo, and they look like Wharfedales (sort of).

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for then link PP. i look the look of these and also the MS Mezzo's you recomended as well. i have also noticed that Richer Sounds are currently selling the Avianao 6 for £400 and Aviano 8 for £600. I also quiet like the Tannoy DC6T which are £700.

I may be leaning more towards the MS Speakers i think. One thing i found with the brightness i have been getting is that when i turn the volume past the 9 o'clock mark the brightness dissappears abit and that the brightness is worst when listening to rock/metal.

TRENDING THREADS