Stand mount speakers

tombaillie

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Struggling to decide on a new set of stand mounts.

Currently I'm looking at the ATC SMC 11 with the Rega Elex-R amplifer , Roksan k2 speakers with the Roksan k3 amplifier and finally the KEF LS50 with an amplifer that I'm undecided on.

Also looking for help deciding on what amplifier to go with the KEF's and any suggestions of a subwoofer to go with any of the systems with a budget of £1000 for the subwoofer.

My room is 4m x 4m

What system would be best?

tombaillie said:
Hi everyone,

Struggling to decide on a new set of stand mounts.

Currently I'm looking at the ATC SMC 11 with the Rega Elex-R amplifer , Roksan k2 speakers with the Roksan k3 amplifier and finally the KEF LS50 with an amplifer that I'm undecided on.

Also looking for help deciding on what amplifier to go with the KEF's and any suggestions of a subwoofer to go with any of the systems with a budget of £1000 for the subwoofer.

My room is 4m x 4m

What system would be best?

Something without the need for a subwoofer. :)

You seriously need to go and audition those KEF's and the ATC's but if they aren't going to give you the bass you think you need then save money, ditch the subwoofer (and why spend a grand on a subwoofer with main speakers in this price bracket?), and buy bigger main speakers.

Too much bass in a small room is the best way to compromise what could be a decent set-up.

Welcome to the forum, and please don't take my comments as a put down as many people believe such small speakers will not give a decent bass response.

TRENDING THREADS