Stage One of Operation Stereo: COMPLETE!

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
So after a looooong time in the making, finally starting to upgrade into some dedicated stereo gear. First part arrived today, the Audiolab 8200CD. Let me just say, wow!

I was a little sceptical as to how much better this would be compared to my Marantz DV6001 universal player given the Marantz has a pretty reasonable DAC built in, but you can straight away tell the difference! First track I played, Radiohead's Karma Police just had a much more substantial sound to it, fuller and with more detail, and that was listening through my AVR!

The only letdown (if any) is the lack of SACD support, but I'll hold onto the Marantz for those.

Next up, Kandy K2 integrated & power amp! Hopefully arriving next week!

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Tarxman said:
Next up, Kandy K2 integrated & power amp! Hopefully arriving next week!
Good choice. I take it that your bi-amping the Jamo's. I have the K2 integrated and it sounds great with my Dali's. You're gonna need a solid hifi rack with those two amps in there!

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey Danrv,

Pretty excited about them arriving. Was actually expecting them to come today, but have had to organise for next week instead. I've never had a stereo amp (or at least not one that wasn't a 30 year old hand me down) before, I'm really excited about it! How do you find your Kandy? I'll be interested to hear how much it differs from my AVR in terms of sonic characteristics.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I find the Kandy K2 integrated amp versatile that's just as happy with Rock and Pop as it is with Jazz, R&B and easy listening. Smooth full sound, not bright. Maybe bass could be a little overpowering with bassy speakers. Makes my Lektors sound like floorstanders.

Don't have any experience with the power amp though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts