Squeezebox touch, DAC and NAS...few questions

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

It's almost Xmas time and it's then time to add a new piece to my system! Was planning to buy a streamer and a NAS so I can play my music without switching my pc on all the time.

I have chosen the Sqeezebox for all the positive comments/reviews I have read on this forum. My concern is that I want to play my music through my DAC so bypassing the internal DAC of the Squeezebox. Is that any way I can use the USB inout of my Arcam rDAC? So connecting the SB to the rDAC using the USB? I am asking because I am planning also tu try the Linnenberg UDC1 feedbackless DAC...which has only an USB input.

My plan is to play all my music through the SB and the UDC1 and the rest (projector, laptops) through the rDAC.

Any advice is welcome!!! Thanks a lot

nads

out of the box no you can not. there may be some software mods that have been done that allows the USB input on the Touch become and output.

Go and ask on the Squeezebox forums.

found it for you

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82110

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Apparently there is a turnaround but it won't work with all the DACs but only the ones that DO not use a third-party driver...unfortunately the UDC1 uses the M2Tech USB interface which has its own driver...I will send another email to the produced to make sure...

A

Anonymous

[EDITED BY MODS and user banned for breach of house rules]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts