Spotify

• Thread starter Deleted member 108165
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108165

I am currently trialling the free version of Spotify, adverts are a pain and I don't find the library that comprehensive either. If I were to take up the subscription version would this dispense with all the ads including the ad banner at the bottom?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Also you'll get access to higher quality music streams and the ability to use spotify connect which can turn your hifi into a listening hub with certain applicable gadgets

insider9

I find Spotify interface better than anything I've tried so far. Sound quality is OK and library is fine for me.

What streaming service have you had before? What's better and worse in your opinion when compared?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I use Spotify premuim and it is fantastic !

Apart from the connect feature which is second to none my favorite thing is the music discovery feature, it recommends new music based on your existing playlists, I have found so much fantasic new music due to this, stuff that would never have searched for or found on my own .

As for the sound quality it contantly amazes me just how good it is, as you can see from my sig I have a fairly revealing system, if you take care to extract the best out of spotify it is truly a top class music source.

D

Deleted member 108165

Cheers fella's *good* This is my first foray into any streaming service; always been a physical media guy.

Connect is what seeled the deal for me...Apple just hasn't got anything close and they didn't even add apple music to the new atv along with ditching the optical out connection....now I just run a first gen amazon fire tv box into my ir dac with Spotify connect as my interface via a i phone or tablet ..it's all I need for browsing new music and listening when I can't be bothered getting off my back side to change records/cd's.Atv employed more of a screen mirroring function where the tv had to be on and also you couldn't use your device for other duties on the fly not to mention the poor audio quality as the device is receiving the stream directly and sending it on to the atv where as with Spotify connect the box gets the stream hard wired and my device is more like a remote control.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You must have unusual tastes if you find their catalog poor. I felt almost guilty for dumping Spotify for Apple Music, but the £15pm family option introduced by Apple right at the start was a game changer for me, and Spotify only introduced it long after I'd jumped ship. Though I did email them to ask if they planned to introduce something similar, but I was met with the usual wall of corporate silence typical of all these big corporations.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DougK said:
Cheers fella's *good* This is my first foray into any streaming service; always been a physical media guy.
I'll go with the consensus here and say Spotify's interface is better than Tidal. Tidal sounds better and has recently added MQA but comes at a price, double that of Spotify. Perhaps you find it worth spending a little more. Try the free trial on Tidal too.

D

Deleted member 108165

MajorFubar said:
You must have unusual tastes if you find their catalog poor.

Yep, I probably do *biggrin* In all honesty it's early days yet as I haven't had much time to trawl through the interface and search fields in depth.

Spotify has already saved me purchasing a CD though. I've been following a US group called Johnnyswim, their last album "Diamonds" was a corker and had me hooked from the first track, their latest "Georgica Pond" is monotonous dirge in comparison so I won't be in any hurry to get this on CD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts