Spotify with Marantz cd player problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jonathan Cox

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Update. Have just bought a QED Profile J2P 3.5mm to RCA cable, am using to connect ipod touch direct to RCA on Marantz amp. Cost about £8. Sounds great with spotify and no issues as obviously bypassing CD6004 and it's DAC. Next for an Apple Airport Express to use ipod wirelessly.

onewaray

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here and very frustrated. I thought i bought a defective Cd6004. Big thank for this forum though very little thread re this problem ive noted. Anyway, did i read it right when you say its fine if i connect the ipad/ipod to separate dac or if connected to the amp at the back and bypassing the cd dac? Would an apple airport express be a better choice? Thanks!!!

Jonathan Cox

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
You're right when plugged into amp the iPod itself is doing the digital to analogue conversion so no issues with compatability. Using an airport express means it's own dac will do the converting. Should mean better sound and obviously you're wireless too. Heard the dac in airport express is pretty good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts