Spotify through arcam separates? Help please!

Besty

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

Please excuse my novice ignorance! I've got Arcam separates (Alpha 9's) to B&W speakers which I've had for about 9 months and which I am totally in love with!!!

I play a lot of Spotify Premium at high stream setting but want it to sound as good and Audiophile quality as possible... What do I need?

Currently using a Logitech Bluetooth transmitter and don't think this is as good as could be. Considering an Arcam mini-blink, and/or a DAC converter?

What would you knowledgeable bunch recommend I purchase to complete my setup and make this sound as good as possible?

thanks in advance :)

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Besty said:
Hi folks,

Please excuse my novice ignorance! I've got Arcam separates (Alpha 9's) to B&W speakers which I've had for about 9 months and which I am totally in love with!!!

I play a lot of Spotify Premium at high stream setting but want it to sound as good and Audiophile quality as possible... What do I need?

Currently using a Logitech Bluetooth transmitter and don't think this is as good as could be. Considering an Arcam mini-blink, and/or a DAC converter?

What would you knowledgeable bunch recommend I purchase to complete my setup and make this sound as good as possible?

thanks in advance :)
Amazon Fire TV gives you Spotify Connect on the cheap £79 its subsidized, or a Sonos Connect

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The Amazon Fire TV is a good suggestion in many ways, however you'll need to bear in mind that its only outputs are HDMI and optical, so you'll need a DAC of some kind to provide the necessary RCA analogue output to your integrated amp.

The main benefit of the Amazon Fire are that it enables you to have a wired connection (Router > ethernet cable > Amazon Fire > optical > DAC > RCA > amp). Spotify Connect purely uses your mobile or tablet app as a remote, but the music is streamed directly from the web. So it'll be less prone to wifi issues or dropouts. And even by the time you've added a DAC, it can be a reasonably cheap solution (depending on your DAC choice of course).

Alternatively a Bluesound Node outputs to RCA (or optical), so would cut the need for a DAC and adds internet radio and a wider choice of streaming options. A Sonos Connect would do a similar job, & is a little cheaper.

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
You should also consider signing up for a free trial with Tidal streaming, without a shadow of a doubt a clear improvement over spotify. Garbage in etc..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts