Spotify stops when playing via Sonos

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Has anybody else noticed that when playing Spotify music over Sonos the music Stops and the qeue resets every time the 'Playlists' or 'Starred Tracks' updates?

For example... listening to a starred track from Spotify via Sonos, then using the iPhone or PC to add more tracks to the starred list...

It seems once the updated tracks worm their way to the Sonos Spotify client it cuts it off?? Is this something to do with using Spotify on more than one platform at a time?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
novgorod said:
Hi

Has anybody else noticed that when playing Spotify music over Sonos the music Stops and the qeue resets every time the 'Playlists' or 'Starred Tracks' updates?

For example... listening to a starred track from Spotify via Sonos, then using the iPhone or PC to add more tracks to the starred list...

It seems once the updated tracks worm their way to the Sonos Spotify client it cuts it off?? Is this something to do with using Spotify on more than one platform at a time?

Yes. You're not allowed to access a single spotify account using 2 devices / programmes simultaneously. AFAIK it is not possible to star or add a track to a playlist on spotify on a phone without playing it. Trying to do so will stop Sonos playing. It *is* possible to do so on the computer and this is what I do on my laptop without causing any interruption to Sonos. If you're not playing the track on spotify I'm not sure what the problem is.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
AFAIK it is not possible to star or add a track to a playlist on spotify on a phone without playing it.

You can on an iPhone. Swipe across the track to the right and it brings up options to star or add to a playlist.

Although I suspect you're right about the 2 devices. If I'm listening on my phone at work and my wife puts it on the Sonos at home, one of us gets paused.

A

Anonymous

Good responses thanks.

I suppose im right in thinking there is no way to 'star' or create spotify 'playlists' from the Sonos app?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
novgorod said:
Good responses thanks.

I suppose im right in thinking there is no way to 'star' or create spotify 'playlists' from the Sonos app?

Not that I know of. Sounds like we probably listen in very similar ways, and I would also like to have this function. I have to have spotify and Sonos open at the same time, on my laptop.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Lee H said:
BenLaw said:
AFAIK it is not possible to star or add a track to a playlist on spotify on a phone without playing it.

You can on an iPhone. Swipe across the track to the right and it brings up options to star or add to a playlist.

Although I suspect you're right about the 2 devices. If I'm listening on my phone at work and my wife puts it on the Sonos at home, one of us gets paused.

That's very useful, thanks Lee :) I will try this out.

The 2 devices thing is right, Clodagh and I have had the same distant spotify battles! :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts