Spotify on my Hi Fi?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am wanting to play spotify (via my Iphone/Ipad2) through my Hi Fi and am currently using the USB input on my Marantz 6004 CD Player. Is it worth investing in an Iphone/Ipad dock?

Amp is Yamaha A S500

Any advice appreciated

Tim

T

the record spot

I'm sure that will be fine as is. Listen to some and compare, but I don't think you'll get the kind of difference you might expect by either a dock or an offboard DAC. I'd stick with the "as-is".

John Duncan

the record spot said:
I'm sure that will be fine as is. Listen to some and compare, but I don't think you'll get the kind of difference you might expect by either a dock or an offboard DAC. I'd stick with the "as-is".

+1, unless you'd like the convenience, chargeable-ness or remoteability of a dock (which may not even work with Spotify)...

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what you want to achieve ... better quality and/or more convenience.

I would have thought you might like a wireless streaming solution instead of a tethered USB cable so you can play music remotely from the comfort of your sofa for example? Have a look at Airfoil ... http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/ ... to allow you to send the Spotify audio stream via an Airport Express (for example) into your hifi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts