Spotify and Squeezebox Touch

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else been affected by the removal of Spotify capability from the SBT? If so, what have you done about it?

I’m so far having no joy trying to install the Spotty plug-in, so I’m looking at other options. I’d like to continue using my SBT if possible as I’m happy with its performance.

I’m wondering if a Raspberry Pi could provide a solution, but have no idea how that would work. Would I be able to run some sort of Spotify app on that, and send the sound via the SBT over Wi-Fi/Ethernet?

Sorry if I sound clueless about this stuff - I am.

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
This thread should be of help to you *good*

https://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/squeezebox-spotify

Thanks for that. I managed to get Spotty working after reading a few tips on that thread. It's rather slow and - annoyingly - relies on my PC being switched on, which the previous SBT Spotify app didn't. But it's better than nothing.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Cass said:
Electro said:
This thread should be of help to you *good*

https://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/squeezebox-spotify

Thanks for that. I managed to get Spotty working after reading a few tips on that thread. It's rather slow and - annoyingly - relies on my PC being switched on, which the previous SBT Spotify app didn't. But it's better than nothing.

Agreed, I need to have my laptop open and LMS running to use the Spotty plug in. I used to love being able to just use my phone with the SqueezeCommander app. and navigate Spotify that way, very simple and effective. However Spotty is better than nothing, but I've not found it slow.

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
Agreed, I need to have my laptop open and LMS running to use the Spotty plug in. I used to love being able to just use my phone with the SqueezeCommander app. and navigate Spotify that way, very simple and effective. However Spotty is better than nothing, but I've not found it slow.

I've decided to give Deezer a try - 3-month trial for 99p per month. Seems well-regarded and appears at first look to have a similar range of music to Spotify. And crucially, it is still fully supported on the SBT - you install the app via mysqueezebox.com and it's then accessible in the same manner that Spotify used to be.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Cass said:
DIB said:

I've decided to give Deezer a try - 3-month trial for 99p per month. Seems well-regarded and appears at first look to have a similar range of music to Spotify. And crucially, it is still fully supported on the SBT - you install the app via mysqueezebox.com and it's then accessible in the same manner that Spotify used to be.

Fully supported yes, but for how much longer I wonder?

At 99p a month I might give it a trial myself.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
I use the ickStream software installed as a 3rd party app on the squeezebox software on my NAS.

It works fine with Spoitfy and Tidal but it's only a fairly basic interface.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts