Spotify and gapless.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This has possibly been mentioned before, but as it stands, Spotify does not properly handle gapless playback. Which for me is bad.

However, if you use the Squeezebox version (I assume Sonos, but not sure), it works flawlessly.

I was running it straight from the PC, but now, with a Squeezebox receiver underneath my monitor, I use either the web-control panel, or my Android phone.

Works like a charm.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Apparently it's by far the most requested fix and it has been for some time.
I guess there must be a technical reason why they can't do it?
It's one of the reasons why I don't view Spotify as a complete substitute for buying CDs and LPs of albums that I really want 'for keeps'.
That said, Spotify is an exceptional service and offers incredible VFM when you think you can stream its entire library endlessly for £5 per month. Where I live, our cheapest pubs will just about serve you two pints of beer for that much.

A

Anonymous

MajorFubar said:
Apparently it's by far the most requested fix and it has been for some time. I guess there must be a technical reason why they can't do it? It's one of the reasons why I don't view Spotify as a complete substitute for buying CDs and LPs of albums that I really want 'for keeps'. That said, Spotify is an exceptional service and offers incredible VFM when you think you can stream its entire library endlessly for £5 per month. Where I live, our cheapest pubs will just about serve you two pints of beer for that much.

Not sure how it can be technical, if it works streaming via Squeezebox...

and where I live you can't get ONE pint for a fiver.

A

Anonymous

I just did an interesting test.

I downloaded Squeezeplay onto my laptop. You can access Spotify from within this (You'll need to download and run squeezeserver and add the Spotify plugin first).

But as far as I can see, it works perfectly too.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well that didn't go too well. After installing the Squeezebox Server, Squeezeplay, registering a Squeezebox account, downloading the Squeezebox Spotify add-in and setting up a Device Username and Password via Spotiify's website...Squeezeplay now tells me it can't play the Spotify filetypes!

Ah well; I guess it passed half hour of my time lol.

A

Anonymous

MajorFubar said:
Well that didn't go too well. After installing the Squeezebox Server, Squeezeplay, registering a Squeezebox account, downloading the Squeezebox Spotify add-in and setting up a Device Username and Password via Spotiify's website...Squeezeplay now tells me it can't play the Spotify filetypes!

Ah well; I guess it passed half hour of my time lol.

Thats odd. Works fine on my laptop.

Try the 3rd party Spotify pklugin maybe by Triode. I have a duet, and thats what I use.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a quick look but I couldn't find anything.

Failing to see why the official Spotify add-in doesn't work on the Windows SqueezePlay software. Someone obviously needs to go back to the drawing board.

TRENDING THREADS