Spotify and Chromecast more miss than hit

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Using my Chromecasts for Spotify has recently become so unreliable. More often than not Spotify does not see the CCA. Often even if it does it won't connect.CCA works fine with tune in.

I've tried re-installing Spotify, Google home etc. Same thing happened in a friend's house when I was on his WiFi

Is anyone else experiencing this, thanks

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
muljao said:
Hi all,

Using my Chromecasts for Spotify has recently become so unreliable. More often than not Spotify does not see the CCA. Often even if it does it won't connect.CCA works fine with tune in.

I've tried re-installing Spotify, Google home etc. Same thing happened in a friend's house when I was on his WiFi

Is anyone else experiencing this, thanks

I find that the CCA and Spotify connect perfectly 100% of the time, I have a strong WiFi signal so that probably helps. I use a Hawei Tablet to cast to the CCA and sometimes an iPod 5th Generation. Perhaps it is the device you are using to cast?

insider9

If you're using Connect the device only works as a remote. It only tells CCA what track to play. It would not impact on the performance. In fact once you select and album you could switch off the device and the album would continue playing. Sound like your CCA is having connectivity issues.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm regularly having connection problems with Spotify, Roon and BluOS (though my Bluesound players are all hardwired). I have so far always solved the problem with a router reset. Worth a try...

In case it would be the Wifi, that causes your issues, could you plug the CCA in a UTP-port, using their ethernet adapter?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'll try router reset when I'm home, away from base at moment. I don't think it's the router or CCA as tunein works faultlessly always, but I guess it must be something.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts